US6 near finish restoration on Portland Craig's list 4 Sale

Military Trucks 2 1/2 ton and greater, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
newc
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

US6 near finish restoration on Portland Craig's list 4 Sale

Post by newc » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:58 pm

I gotta learn to link to here. Nice looking US6 for Sale Portland,Or craig's List. newc

Tapper02
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: US6 near finish restoration on Portland Craig's list 4 Sale

Post by Tapper02 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:04 pm

I'll help you out....

NOT MINE

WWII Studebaker US6 2.5 Ton Military/Army troop truck- Near perfect - $8000 (clackamas)

This truck is a survivor of WW2 and is mostly complete.
Photos of truck pre-painting are there to give an idea of overall condition. Nothing to hide, as it is all factory metal with zero rust. None.
This is an amazing barn find indeed!! We were fortunate enough to meet a collector who had gathered an immense amount of materials to restore a number of WWII trucks and jeeps. I was able to strike a deal, and brought home two of these SUPER rare trucks. This one featured in this page is not only totally complete, but also 100% rust free from the cab to the nose tin.

Has a super rare cab heater, and all data plates, instruments, lights, and fixtures.
The bed will need to be restored (wood slat replacement), but has only the need for minor repair and has data plates as well. The bed is complete with a complete NOS set of troop seating!!

We began the restoration , sanding everything down and cleaning the suspension and frame completely, then we primered and gave it 4 coats of GCI brand Olive Drab paint. The engine and transmission are removed and ready for the engine to be gone through for inspection. It was a running vehicle when it was parked in the barn 30 years ago. The clutch and transmission/transfer cases are all in very nice condition.

This truck has extremely low mileage. Finding one like this is impossible, short of going to Alaska or Australia.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto ... g=en&cc=gb

Edited post 2/5 - this is not my vehicle. Simply reposted the writeup and link.
1944 Autocar M3A1 halftrack
M10 Ammunition Trailer

MVPA # 30507

Return to “Trucks 2 1/2 ton +”