Value of M4 Bayonet

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
Billy Bolton
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Value of M4 Bayonet

Post by Billy Bolton » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:40 pm

I have what I think is a very nice condition Camillus M4 that I want to sell but I'm not sure of the value or fair price so I thought I would list it on epay, which I already hated.

Even though there are numerous M4s on epay, they won't let me list it because they say it is an assault weapon component.

So can anybody help me with a ballpark range fair price so I can try to sell it here?

Thanks very much for any thoughts or help.
M4 1s.JPG
M4 2s.JPG
M4 3s.JPG
M4 4s.JPG
MVPA 15097

Radtech
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Value of M4 Bayonet

Post by Radtech » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:14 pm

List it as WWII M1 carbine bayonet.epay blocks anything with M4 because it is an assault rifle.It is worth whatever you can get for it.

Billy Bolton
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Billy Bolton » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks for reply, listing information and advice that it is worth whatever I can get for it. That is the approach I was trying to take in the first place by listing on epay.

In looking at all the M4s listed, they are all listed as U.S.M_4. I tried this and it worked.
MVPA 15097

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by ng19delta » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:09 am

Also, be sure it is a WWII original- Camillus was making authentic repros in the 1980s of their M-4 bayonet an their fighting knife as well. Both are authentic & from the original manufacturer, but just not original WWII issue...

Scott

loni17thAirD
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by loni17thAirD » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:52 am

Your M4 looks to be in very good conduction, that being said if its the deal "good for you". I have the same type, but mine is showing it age. The leather handles are the first thing to go bad. That leather will shrink and loosen up over time. If you get some people in a biding war on the previously mentioned website you will do well! Best of luck.

GI.
Sergeant Major [E-9]

Post by GI. » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:10 am

I paid $150 for mine [very nice] about four years ago, the trench knives are going for around $300-$400 now days.
It's all about condition, and being a real WW-2 bayonet and a WW-2 scabbard.
67 M-151A1

Billy Bolton
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Billy Bolton » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 am

Thanks for the replies and help.

I believe this one might be from the 1953 contract, even though some people say they are scarce. The lack of both the flaming bomb marking and brown plastic inserts at each end of the grip indicate it is not WWII vintage. While the photo of the pommel is very poor, the tang has the starburst peen and the X marking is sideways, versus the recent commercial production copies which do not have the starburst peen and the X is straight up and down. Also, again hard to see due to poor quality photo, the center of the "M" in both the "M4" and "Camillus" on the guard of this bayonet comes down about 2/3 of the way like on the 1953 version, while the center of the "M" comes all the way down on the recent commercial version. (Credit for information to Gary Cunningham on usmilitaryknives.com.)
MVPA 15097

Return to “Weapons”