Pcam Vietnam event 4/20/2020. **CANCELED **

North Bay Military Vehicle Club, to perserve and honor those for our military men & women. Exibit for historical purpose for those to admire and appreciate.

Moderator: mfrance

mfrance
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Pcam Vietnam event 4/20/2020. **CANCELED **

Post by mfrance » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:04 pm

On Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:57:11 PM PST, Gary <gmgreenough@aol.com> wrote:

Hello . I'm in Santa Rosa. I would like to invite your group to a special event on April 4, 2020, at the Pacific Coast Air Museum. Here is the deal. PCAM is sponsoring the first ever LZ PCAM, A SALUTE TO VIETNAM VETERANS, at the Sonoma County Airport, PCAM facility.

There will be booths, support information, simple food, maybe the Donut Dollies from the USO, speakers and an honors team. Vietnam Veterans will have been invited from the surrounding counties of Mendo, Lake, Napa, Marin and Sonoma, so it could be a great turnout. First year events are usually a bit slim on numbers, but who knows, there is great interest in the few contacts I have made in the Vietnam Veteran community.

March 29 is the official Vietnam Veterans Day so designated by Congress several years ago. Vietnam Veterans have not made much of it, but due to the World War II and Korean vets leaving us at such a great rate, it has become obvious that we are up next to go. Therefore, a Gathering of the Brotherhood may be in order. LZ BOONVILLE was tried 20 years ago to good attendance but died due to its isolation and the organizer had no success starting it again in Cloverdale. However, having an LZ at an actual airport is a natural. Ergo, we are going for it.

I was wondering if in your group, you have period vehicles specifically for the Vietnam period. THAT is what we would like to have parked around the iconic aircraft that PCAM has, specifically, the Huey, flanked by the A6 Intruder, the A4 Skyhawk, the F4 Phantom and the F8 Crusader. Having military vehicles parked around the ramp would be a fantastic thing for these vets to see, because in the air, or on the ground, we all served in some capacity, and these vehicles have meaning.

So please advise if you have a few Vietnam Era vehicles available in the North Bay who are willing to spend a few hours at the airport on display for the Vietnam Veterans LZ PCAM. Would love to have you guys there.

Let me know if it is possible and thank you for consideration.

Regards,
Gary Greenough
PCAM BOD
VNV69/70
Event Coordinator

mfrance
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Pcam Vietnam event 4/20/2020

Post by mfrance » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:49 pm

Please pass on to your members

BE ADVISED, LZ PCAM, AT THE SONOMA COUNTY AIRPORT HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING SOME OF YOUR VEHICLES AT A FUTURE LZ PCAM, DATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE SITSTAT OF THE VIRUS. THANK YOU FOR WANTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 'GATHERING OF THE BROTHERHOOD, HONORING VIETNAM AND ERA VETERANS', APRIL 4, SONOMA COUNTY AIRPORT...

EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED!

GARY GREENOUGH
PCAM BOD
EVENT COORDINATOR
707-484-6400

Return to “North Bay Military Vehicle Club”