Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
Av8er
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: M72 LAW DECALS WANTED

Post by Av8er » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:47 pm

g.i.gino wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 am
Hi all just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some new decals for an M72 LAW.
Also a front sight would be handy... Or any other parts!
Cheers
Gino.
I am currently working on producing the correct decals/stickers for both the early M72 LAW and the later M72’s, the decals are different between the early and later models. I have both the early and later model M72 tubes with excellent decals and I am now working up the vectored art that is necessary to produce exact copies. I currently have about half the decal artwork completed and I am in contact with a graphic firm owned by a militaria collector that is currently researching the correct water resistant paper to print the graphics on.

What I am missing is the red warning decal for the early model M72. It is not on the 1965 dated M72 LAW tube that I possess. Though the pictures of the warning decal posted on this thread have been extremely helpful in identifying the correct fonts, I need the exact outside dimensions of the decal and the exact height of both fonts in order to ensure that I can produce an exact copy. If anyone can provide those dimensions it will help with the completion of this project and the getting the decals to the printer.
1943 Ford GPW #113639 USA-20385133
1943 RIA M3A4 Hand Cart

Kaptainssurplus
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Kaptainssurplus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Just FYI, not all the original decals are printed on waterproof paper. Also there is 2 different sets of decals for the first gen M72s, there is the first variant without trigger guard and second variant with trigger guard. Also the first variant M72 gen 1 had an extra M72 label decal that the second variant didn't have. Also the decals on the M72A1 are different than the M72A2 and the same with the M190. I'll have to check the A3 model as well for differences from the A2 model. I think it has a different back blast decal.

Av8er
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Av8er » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:12 am

Kaptainssurplus wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm
Just FYI, not all the original decals are printed on waterproof paper. Also there is 2 different sets of decals for the first gen M72s, there is the first variant without trigger guard and second variant with trigger guard. Also the first variant M72 gen 1 had an extra M72 label decal that the second variant didn't have. Also the decals on the M72A1 are different than the M72A2 and the same with the M190. I'll have to check the A3 model as well for differences from the A2 model. I think it has a different back blast decal.
This is what I have for different markings between my early model 1965 dated M72 and the later M72 models:

M72 - Danger Blast area decal, Firing Instructions with separate small rectagular man firing diagram above it, black “U.S. Army” paper nomenclature label wrapped all the way around tube, Red WARNING decal (may or may not be not be attached), and Recock Warning decal.

M72A1-A3 - Danger Blast area decal (font and triangle different from early model), Firing Instructions (different from early model, no separate ‘man firing’ decal). Nomenclature information is stamped or silk screened (not on a decal).

If anyone has other variations please let me know and, if possible, provide photos and dimensions. All decals appear to be paper to me, if anyone has other details on materials (vinyl?) that were used I would like to here from you before these go to print so we can do them correctly. I won’t have the ability to provide the later model stamped/silkscreened nomenclature markings because the only way to duplicate it would be with a paint mask and the fonts appear too small to do that in a cost efficient way.
1943 RIA M3A4 Hand Cart

Kaptainssurplus
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Kaptainssurplus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:37 am

Av8er wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:12 am
Kaptainssurplus wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 pm
This is what I have for different markings between my early model 1965 dated M72 and the later M72 models:

M72 - Danger Blast area decal, Firing Instructions with separate small rectagular man firing diagram above it, black “U.S. Army” paper nomenclature label wrapped all the way around tube, Red WARNING decal (may or may not be not be attached), and Recock Warning decal.

M72A1-A3 - Danger Blast area decal (font and triangle different from early model), Firing Instructions (different from early model, no separate ‘man firing’ decal). Nomenclature information is stamped or silk screened (not on a decal).

If anyone has other variations please let me know and, if possible, provide photos and dimensions. All decals appear to be paper to me, if anyone has other details on materials (vinyl?) that were used I would like to here from you before these go to print so we can do them correctly. I won’t have the ability to provide the later model stamped/silkscreened nomenclature markings because the only way to duplicate it would be with a paint mask and the fonts appear too small to do that in a cost efficient way.
If you can give me some time, I have mint condition examples of every model and variant of the M72 weapon system, I can get photos for you of all the decals. Send me a PM.

G-Private
G-Private

Post by 031136 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm

When will these decal be available for purchase?

Av8er
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Av8er » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:16 pm

031136 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm
Most of the graphics have been completed, we are working on the best materials to print them on. I’m guessing availability around the end of November.
1943 RIA M3A4 Hand Cart

Av8er
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Av8er » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 am

Av8er wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:16 pm
031136 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 pm
Most of the graphics have been completed, we are working on the best materials to print them on. I’m guessing availability around the end of November.
Here is the latest update on M72 LAW decals. All the graphics have been completed, the transfer media has been tested with printed samples. Printing will primarily be on a adhesive backed vinyl media with the exception of the nomenclature black strip for the early M72 LAW which will be printed on adhesive backed paper like the originals.There will be two decal sets available, one for the early issue M72 LAW, and a second set for the M72A2 LAW. The M72A2 set will have a vinyl nomenclature decal to replace the silk screened nomenclature markings found on the original tubes, as there is no other practical way to duplicate the silk screened markings in a decal set. Each set will have enough decals for doing two of the same model tubes. Should have them available by the end of this coming week, weather permitting. I won’t have a final price until I get price from the printer, but guessing the final price will come in around $10 per sheet. Decals will be precut so all you will have to do is peel from the sheet and apply to your tube, no trimming or cutting will be necessary.
1943 RIA M3A4 Hand Cart

SGT Fish
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by SGT Fish » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 am

Sweet. I'm in for a set.

G-Private
G-Private

Post by 031136 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:27 am

Any update on these decals??

Kaptainssurplus
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Kaptainssurplus » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:18 pm

There is a seller on Ebay that sells them now, but they are not perfect.

armament
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by armament » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Kaptainssurplus wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:18 pm
There is a seller on Ebay that sells them now, but they are not perfect.
I wish I had LAW tubes to put decals on :cry:

Know where I can find any? :lol:

Thanks,
Marshall

Return to “Weapons”