Jeep Willys MB 44

If you have an unrestored WWII jeep, we would like to see pictures, and hear your comments. NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Re: Jeep Willys MB 44

Post by karaya » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 am

Hi Guys , thanks for the praise :-) how many beers did you have Ray :-) don't worry if I see something interesting I will take a picture :-), as for the marking I was inspired by this photo with regards Milan. :D
Attachments
IMG-20210510-WA0002.jpg

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello Milan,

Great original picture !!!

Enough beer to celebrate another restored Jeep in the World ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
I think I will have a beer or two , in honor those Troopers and their Jeep !!

Keep us posted !!!

Best Regards,
Ray

karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by karaya » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:43 am

Hello , I would like to wish all members of G503 all the best for the new year and good luck and health to her families , next I have some photos for Ray ,:-) photos of our two oldest and important castles for the history of our country :-) which we visited during our jeep ride, there is also the object of our light fortification built against the Nazis :-) :D :D
Attachments
20211121_081722.jpg
20211121_081649.jpg
20211228_153106.jpg
20211228_152642.jpg
20211228_145154.jpg
20211121_125621.jpg
20211121_125450.jpg
20211106_162251.jpg
20211106_161446.jpg
20211106_160806.jpg

karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by karaya » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:51 am

I was also visited by a jeep santa for the first time :-) :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Attachments
20211230_135428.jpg

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:58 am

Hello,

A Happy and Healthy
New Year to you Milan !!!

Wow those castles are beautiful to see, in a beautiful country !!

What are the names of them ?
That bunker site is really nice as well, it looks well taken care of and maintained.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚ !!

It would be a great adventure to drive jeeps to the castles someday.

I like the presents under the Christmas Tree !!

Best Regards,
Ray
Last edited by 70th Division on Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:07 pm

karaya wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:51 am
I was also visited by a jeep santa for the first time :-) :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Very Nice,

Santa brought some Czech Beer here ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

And to start out the New Year, I took a jeep ride, then some beer jeep pics ๐Ÿ™‚
Resized_20220101_154749.jpeg
Resized_20220101_155046.jpeg
Resized_20220101_154638.jpeg
In this last picture you can see a new project, a 1941 GMC CCKW 353, with a cab turret once installed in the background.
Resized_20220101_154109.jpeg
No castles here, but eventually I will get a jeep trip planned for the old Spanish Fortress in Saint Augustine.
It is about 500 years old !!
Plus a nice area as well.

Best Wishes for
the New Year 2022 !!!!

Ray

karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by karaya » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:00 pm

Hi Ray, I'm glad you liked the photos of our castles, they are the castles where our crown jewels were stored for centuries, they are called Zvรญkov 1234 and Kรกrlลกtejn 1348 :-) , I see Santa came to you with our beer :-) , come and see our castles, there are plenty of them, you can stay at my place, I have a big house :-) , nothing like our castles and beer :-) very nice pictures of your Jeep and GMC, regards Milan. :D :D :D
Attachments
IMG-20220103-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220103-WA0003.jpg
20220104_150458.jpg
IMG-20220103-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220103-WA0001.jpg

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:50 pm

Hello Milan,

Thanks !!
That would be a great
trip someday !!!
Your country is an incredible place,
I have traveled there some years back, and always had a great time !
The architecture in Prague, is unsurpassed any where in the world.
What a beautiful, magical, city !
I feel sorry for people who have never traveled there, they Are missing something !!
Great beer, food, and people.
So much history in your beautiful country.

Nice M1A1 for the collection !!

My Father was kept alive by a Czech Woman, and he always was thankful for her saving his life from starvation, as he was down to 90 pounds after getting out of the German Labor Camp at Lillienstein , above Bad Shandau, Germany.
She had a goat in her bedroom closet, and made him sour goat milk pancakes everyday he was there.
The Russians arrived, and were burning all the furniture in neighboring houses in the front yards.
They found my Father in the bed, recovering from POW Camp, and the lady taking care of him.
They spared her, and her house, because she was helping my Father, and told her that he better be alive when they come back in 3 days.
She and her Family were very nice people, and he often mentioned them to us .
Later some Russian soldiers from the Ukraine, an old man, and a young boy, found him, and gave him a ride to a train depot in Germany. There a train was sent to pick up prisoners that were wandering the countryside .
In another little village just inside Germany, the Soviet soldiers were very bad on the Germans.
The fellow machine gunner in my Father's squad who made it through the camp, was in Waltersdorf, Germany where they walked to after the Germans all took off .
He says the Russians were from the far east region, with few real Russian officers mixed in with them.
There the mayor and his wife were hanged on a tree in their front yard, and their daughter had been raped.
He said it was a very bad, and dangerous time, and they were starting to threaten some US Pows, Jack was given a Lugar from a German, and one of the Russsians decided he was taking it. Well that wasn't going to happen, and fortunately Russian officer came and stopped the issue.
My Father and other Pows eventually made their way, by riding in open coal cars, full of coal dust, to Pilsen. The German conductor wouldn't let them in the passenger cars, as they were covered in lice and bugs, and dysentery, so they ripped out the cushions and used them in the coal cars. Someone later threw the conductor off the train after a while.
In Pilsen, they camped out around the airfield there, with camp fires burning all around the runway.
The US Army was there, and set up aid stations, and food supplies for them all.
Later the US Pows were all air evacuated out of there, back to France.
My Father ended up at Camp Lucky Strike in France, in a sea of 20,000 other POWs trying to get home.
He was in a mess line, and when he got to the Soldier serving the food , he thought he was seeing a ghost, as it was his best friend from Winthrop, Massachusetts that had been reported KIA earlier in the War. He said he just stood there looking at him, holding up the line
When the guy looked up and saw my Father, he was so happy and surprised too. He told my Dad, that their other best friend who was also reported KIA from the same town, was just around the corner in a tent, recovering from POW Camp.
What a small world, to find 2 best friends that were officially reported KIA, alive, and it that huge crowd of soldiers !!

He later found a ride home on an LST ship, that took 21 days to get back across the ocean. He said it was a wonderful trip, with great Navy food !! It took such a long time due to a hurricane that was actually causing little forward progress for the ship.

Unbelievably, I found a picture last year online, of some US Pows just arriving at Stalag 4B near Dresden, being transported in 40 and 8 box cars for days, with no water or food, and my Father and Jack the other machine gunner were in the front row.
Unbelievable, and I know he would have loved to see the picture.
Here is the picture,
4765196-6239369-image-a-1_1538665766725(2).jpg
In the lower enlarged picture, my Father is on the right, Jack is on the left.
I sent the photo to Jack, and his Family, he was happy to see it, but it was a bad time there for all of them. Jack was the only one to come out alive of the Medic hut, at the camp, with no Medic and no medicine. Someone got him out as they were being marched out of the camp.
They were given sawdust bread, and a potato for the water soup they made in the hut for 10 pows.
4765196-6239369-image-a-1_1538665766725(3).jpg
4765196-6239369-image-a-1_1538665766725(3).jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

Best Regards,
Ray
Last edited by 70th Division on Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAB
G-General
G-General

Post by JAB » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:51 pm

Wow! What a story! Thanks for sharing! So many of these true stories haven't been recorded. Many of us grew up hearing the good stories, but seldom the bad ones. My uncle wouldn't talk much about his time in the South Pacific.
-Jeff

GR8GPN2U!!!

Austin F
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Austin F » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:15 am

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:51 am
Love It! How do you get in contact with the Jeep Santa? I would LOVE to talk to him! Maybe he would give me a free running Jeep, if I am good this year and keep all of the vehicles clean, and happy... :D :) :lol: :wink: :wink:

karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by karaya » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Hi Ray , fantastic story with a good ending , if you come , we can take the Jeep to Pilsen it's 50 km , to Prague also 40 km and to our biggest military museum 40 km , and my girlfriend said she will make you pancakes too : -), it's unreal how many people here on g503 have something in common with our country , one friend told me how his neighbour was shot down in a bomber over Pilsen and how the local people helped him , another told me that he served in Germany in radio interception and even knew Czech and monitored our army when we were still enemies :-) , I thank God for the internet because I can talk to people from all over the world :-) , I am sending a photo of M1A1 today I finished it and you are the first one I am showing it to :-) , it was very hard to get some parts I needed here , but I finally made it with regards Milan. :D :D :D
Attachments
IMG-20220106-WA0003.jpg

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello Milan,

Wow !!!
That sounds like an awesome adventure someday, and I love pancakes ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ !
Thanks so much !!

That is a beautiful Thompson,
Congratulations !!!
You have an incredible collection ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ !!!!
They are super expensive here to get one with papers !!
I have fired the Thompson, and a BAR, and also a water cooled Browning .30 like my Dad had in the War.
A lot of fun with them !!

I posted the picture I found of my Father arriving at the POW Camp, such a surprise to me, I am still amazed to have found it !

Also, the town that the Czech lady lived in was called Kulm bei Aussig.
When my Father and I visited Bad Shandau, Germany in 2005 we looked for the area, and went to Decin, in the Czech Republic, but from what we could tell at the time, the German names were all changed over to Czech.
Nobody at the time spoke English, or even heard of Kulm bei Aussig.
I have her name and address from 1945, and the name of 2 of her family members .
My Dad would have really liked to have found them, to thank them for everything they did , to help him survive !
We returned to Bad Shandau by train along the Elbe River, and had some beers in a little hotel there .
The train station there, and the cable barge to cross the river was still there, that he crossed on work details to repair the train tracks on work details from the Lillienstein POW Camp.
It is a very scenic area, with buttes, and beautiful natural scenery.
Not in 1945, of course .
He also told me of all the burning debris and papers , letters, etc that were coming down all over the Camp from the fires at Dresden, Germany for days after the bombing there. He also watched a German jet battling a P-38 in the skies above the area.

Best Regards,
Ray

Fushigi Ojisan
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Fushigi Ojisan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:43 am

Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:25 am
Hi Ray, I see that we are the same blood type :-), yes my collection is in my own armored room :-), I sacrificed a room for garden tools and a lawn mower :-), now I want to buy a Thompson submachine gun, preferably M1 or M1A1 :-), and then the BAR 1918A1 rifle, and Springfield 1903A3, maybe my wife won't divorce me :-) :-), I also managed to get colt 1911a1, it comes from a series that has the frame number embossed at the end and is so numbered, I'm very happy with it :-).
So for now, take care, Milan.
I saw this article elsewhere and thought of you, any chance of adding more items?

https://versacarry.com/gun-news/black-f ... ia-9c87cd/

karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by karaya » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:02 am

Hi Ray , I will send you my email and if you want to send me the address and the names of the people who helped your father , I will try to find out something if I can , finally it helps that I work for the police :-) Sincerely, Milan. :) :) :)

karaya
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by karaya » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:07 am

Hi Fushigi Ojisan, thank you very much for the interesting article , I knew that these guns are coming from Ethiopia , and I was very interested in how such a weapons warehouse in Ethiopia looks like :-), I already have a Thompson at home and the BAR is already ordered , so hopefully it will arrive soon :-)and I will try to capture one more Thompson :-) Regards Milan. :) :) :) :)

Return to โ€œOriginal Unrestored WWII Jeepsโ€