1943 GPW 108175

If you have an unrestored WWII jeep, we would like to see pictures, and hear your comments. NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
twinflyer17
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: 1943 GPW 108175

Post by twinflyer17 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 am

It's been awhile since my last post, so figured I'd share some random pictures of my GPW 8)

Since the Reading WWII Weekend was cancelled this year, like everything else :cry: , I didn't get my normal June high mileage weekend in. That said, I think I've only put about 100 miles on the old girl since the new year. Every time I do take it out it runs great, though!

Also, I did disassemble my spare GPW tranny for rebuild. I have a list of the parts needed for the rebuild, but still need to convince myself to place the order with RFJP...

And lastly, like a lot of other people, my wife and I got a dog during quarantine :) He's a bit bigger now, but has already enjoyed a couple of jeep rides and is showing signs of being a jeep/garage dog!

Sean

GPW 108175 viewtopic.php?t=267732
DOD 4/14/43 Louisville, KY USA20371070

MVPA
AOPA

Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Ralph » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 am

Sean,
A really fine build, well done...the pup looks humbled by his priority seating...in a shoet time it'll be his 2nd home...
Ralph

1942 Ford GPW 352nd
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by 1942 Ford GPW 352nd » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Sean,
Thanks for sharing the photos! They help motivate and reassure us that if we stay the path, the reward is great! I too am disappointed that the WW2 weekend show in Reading, PA and the other shows are cancelled in the North East. But, seeing that I would've spent a fair amount of money traveling to these show, I will invest that money into parts for my jeep! :D

Tried sandblasting parts on multiple occasions, however with the >90 deg F heat and humidity, moisture forms between the air and sand resulting in a clogged nozzle and plenty of frustration! Expect temperatures to return to normal this time of the year and hoping to report more progress on my jeep.

Great addition to your jeep and family! Although he looks disappointed that he is not going for a ride at that moment...

twinflyer17
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by twinflyer17 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:23 am

Ralph wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 am
Sean,
A really fine build, well done...the pup looks humbled by his priority seating...in a shoet time it'll be his 2nd home...
Thanks, Ralph!
1942 Ford GPW 352nd wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:09 pm
Sean,
Thanks for sharing the photos! They help motivate and reassure us that if we stay the path, the reward is great! I too am disappointed that the WW2 weekend show in Reading, PA and the other shows are cancelled in the North East. But, seeing that I would've spent a fair amount of money traveling to these show, I will invest that money into parts for my jeep! :D

Tried sandblasting parts on multiple occasions, however with the >90 deg F heat and humidity, moisture forms between the air and sand resulting in a clogged nozzle and plenty of frustration! Expect temperatures to return to normal this time of the year and hoping to report more progress on my jeep.

Great addition to your jeep and family! Although he looks disappointed that he is not going for a ride at that moment...
Thanks, Todd! If there is any benefit to the cancellations of this year's events, is the money savings to make buying jeep parts more justifiable :D I experienced the same issues with moisture in my blasting nozzle when I tried to blast in 30 degree weather. I'm sure it's like paint, must be done with perfect atmospheric conditions in order for the results to be perfect! We're having a hot spell down here, too...hoping this passes in the next week or two for both of our sake! Perfect boating weather, though :wink:
Sean

GPW 108175 viewtopic.php?t=267732
DOD 4/14/43 Louisville, KY USA20371070

MVPA
AOPA

Return to “Original Unrestored WWII Jeeps”