1943 GPW 108175

If you have an unrestored WWII jeep, we would like to see pictures, and hear your comments. NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Cotterpin
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: 1943 GPW 108175

Post by Cotterpin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 am

Hey TF. We probably walked past each other 100 X’s at Reading this year. I started going to WWII Weekend in 94 and went every year until 05. I, along with my buddy Craig who has the Pan Am model A Ford, started volunteering in 2000 and became members, unbeknownst to Craig and I, members of the Ladies Society for Victory. (Homefront) and worked the O club and 40’s house until 05 when I left after starting a small hardscape business. Craig and I supplied the wall panels and entire bar for the 40’s house and O club as well as a few things for the French village. I went back for a show in 15 and was asked to get involved again so this past year I re-joined the Victory Society and worked the Homefront again. It was great to get involved again and see some old friends and meet new ones.
I plan on having my GPW there next year but have a few issues I want to iron out. I plan on doing a similar restoration/referb on it seeing how 75 years took it’s toll. It’s an ETO veteran and was brought back to the states by an officer who purchased it for a personal vehicle at a government auction during the occupation.
It’s very solid but dented and I want to save as much of the original Jeep as possible. I like the used look of your Jeep with its little dents/flaws and character. Let’s keep in touch and get together at Reading this coming year.
Tracy.
1944 GPW-186956
1945 Bantam T3-66670

twinflyer17
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by twinflyer17 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:10 am

Cotterpin wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 am
Hey TF. We probably walked past each other 100 X’s at Reading this year.

Let’s keep in touch and get together at Reading this coming year.
Tracy.
Cotterpin - yes, let's keep in touch! I first went to WWII Weekend in the late 90s and only started going every year in 2016 (GPW has been going since 2017). It's such a great show and I love the fact that everyone there is so interested and passionate about WWII history! The homefront is one of my favorite parts of the show, and my wife and I grab coffee and doughnuts every morning there :D

Good luck with your GPW and I can't wait to see it next year! Just remember, they require a lot of work and maintenance, but the longer you own one the better you get at working on them :wink: I appreciate the compliment about mine, too. I personally love the "original/used" look and honestly, it made the project that much quicker and less stressful without having to worry about straightening all the metal :lol:
Sean

GPW 108175 viewtopic.php?t=267732
DOD 4/14/43 Louisville, KY USA20371070

MVPA
AOPA

Cotterpin
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Cotterpin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am

I bet we ran into each other at some point. John and Robyn have the Salvation Army camp and give out the coffee and donuts. They’re great people and are part of our group. We have a lot of good folks in the Victory Society. I remember walking past and looking at your Jeep this year. It was parked sort of to the right of the Pacific Theater.
Are you and your wife involved in a group?
I’ll send you a PM with my cell and email
1944 GPW-186956
1945 Bantam T3-66670

Return to “Original Unrestored WWII Jeeps”