'42 Willys MB Script MB127686

If you have an unrestored WWII jeep, we would like to see pictures, and hear your comments. NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
huskerjeep
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: '42 Willys MB Script MB127686

Post by huskerjeep » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:37 am

I agree with Patrick. From what I can tell in the pictures...that frame looks 90% perfect. Patrick covered most of what needs to be done on the front. Not sure what you think needs "alignment". But I'm only going by what can be seen in the pictures. Since the triangular A-frame part of the rear end looks perfectly straight and hasn't been replaced I'd say all you need to do is adjust the ends of the rear cross member.

I wonder what was the purpose of those three pieces of angle iron near the rear? Good ol' Bubba... :lol:
Early March 1944 MB 313xxx

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:15 am

Pascal81 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:04 am
Transport of the Willys

Engine compartment

Body number

Interior

Hello Pascal,

Any updates on your beautiful jeep ?
Such a great and rare jeep !

Best Regards,
Ray

Pascal81
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Pascal81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:32 am

Thanks for asking :-)
Jeep is almost finished now, just need to get it through the inspection, (almost done, just a topic on the brakes pulling a bit to the side ) it was a lot of work, and gave me some headaches (lighting regulations, and so on over here in Europe) and I tried to keep al much original parts a possible, and only replace it with new parts if not other solution was available..
Below the picture of the jeep in the USA before it came to Europe :
00A0A_2WO5mhQVWdw_600x450.jpg
00W0W_1YoMiw6Bh9y_600x450.jpg
And below some pictures of the Jeep now :
jeep 2.jpg
Jeep 5.jpg
Jeep 4.jpg

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:54 am

Pascal81 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:32 am
Thanks for asking :-)
Jeep is almost finished now, just need to get it through the inspection, (almost done, just a topic on the brakes pulling a bit to the side ) it was a lot of work, and gave me some headaches (lighting regulations, and so on over here in Europe) and I tried to keep al much original parts a possible, and only replace it with new parts if not other solution was available..
Below the picture of the jeep in the USA before it came to Europe :

00A0A_2WO5mhQVWdw_600x450.jpg
00W0W_1YoMiw6Bh9y_600x450.jpg

And below some pictures of the Jeep now :

jeep 2.jpg
Jeep 5.jpg
Jeep 4.jpg

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for posting the update, she is looking beautiful !!!
Well done !!

It is such a great jeep, I am so glad you were able to get it, and have it shipped to Europe.
Keeping it original is always a good thing .

I was wondering if you were able to use the original fenders after the diamond plate was removed from them ?

Keep up your excellent work on a beautiful and rare Willys Jeep !!

Best Regards,
Ray

Pascal81
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Pascal81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:30 am

Hi Ray, thank you so much, yes its been a long road since all the bubbas work, and damage but now its back in full glory :-)

Ive kept the original fende, after removing the plastes, but they were so rotten and bend it i needed to replace them with new ones, but - at least i could save at least half of the old ones, by cutting and welding .. Was a lot of work :wink:
Fender.jpg
If you need more info about the restoration, just let me now, i have a lot of info and pictures.

Next thing would be repairing 2 small mouth gas tanks, original but very bad :cry:

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:40 am

Pascal81 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:30 am
Hi Ray, thank you so much, yes its been a long road since all the bubbas work, and damage but now its back in full glory :-)

Ive kept the original fende, after removing the plastes, but they were so rotten and bend it i needed to replace them with new ones, but - at least i could save at least half of the old ones, by cutting and welding .. Was a lot of work :wink:

Fender.jpg

If you need more info about the restoration, just let me now, i have a lot of info and pictures.

Next thing would be repairing 2 small mouth gas tanks, original but very bad :cry:
Hello Pascal,

That is excellent repair work !!
I have restored my fenders on my GPW and the MB project, and they are a lot of work, but it is satisfying being able to repair them !
I have a lot more fenders to restore in the future, but they look great when done :D :D !

We would all like to see any pictures you have during the restoration, as you have a unique early jeep, with it being a script MB.
Restorations always inspire others to get started on their projects, or to get back to work on them if they have been sitting for a while with nothing getting done .

More pictures the better :D :D :D .

Your jeep has certainly been on a long journey all the way from the USA to Holland !!
Is it great to see the progress you have made, and that she is being restored so nicely :D :D !

Well Done !!

Keep 'em Rolling !!

Best Regards,
Ray

Return to “Original Unrestored WWII Jeeps”