Coffee & Donuts on the Runway Display Sonoma 8/15/21

North Bay Military Vehicle Club, to perserve and honor those for our military men & women. Exibit for historical purpose for those to admire and appreciate.

Moderator: mfrance

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Coffee & Donuts on the Runway Display Sonoma 8/15/21

Post by John Neuenburg » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:49 am

Sonoma Valley Airport in the wide spot in the road called Schelleville between Sonoma Raceway and town of Sonoma is hosting another "cars and coffee" type event with a twist - it will be on a runway and taxiway and include classic and ex-military airplanes! There are many based at this airport. It will be Sunday August 15 from 0800 to 1030 which means vehicles will start showing up at 0700. How about we have a MV display and group photo next to a P40N or P51? I don't know if they will fly anything but last time they did a small car/plane event they had an aerobatic box authorized and several planes took turns in the air. If you know you will be there, send me an email so I know how much space to grab.

Location is 29982 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA

If you want to make a day of it, consider a visit to Sonoma for lunch, shopping, or wine tasting. A good place to take a date. Another option is to take a warbird ride after the show. The owner of the airport operates Vintage Aircraft Company and they offer rides in Stearman biplanes, SNJ-4 advanced trainer (Navy version AT-6 Texan), P51D Mustang, even a rare, factory two seat P40N! They have an aerobatic option in the biplanes and the front seats are modded to fit two slender people. They take walk-ins on the weekends but confirm that at 707-938-2444. Website is www.vintageaircraft.com. Tell them I sent you! (they are my landlord)
Vintage Aircraft Co sign, planes.jpg
Attachments
P40P51.jpg
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand