If you could live ANYWHERE in PA - where would it be?

NY-Penn MVCC

Moderator: jatonka

Cal.Bar
Sergeant Major of the Gee
If you could live ANYWHERE in PA - where would it be?

Post by Cal.Bar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 pm

Greetings all. I am looking to get a summer house in PA somewhere. I really want to be near lots of open space, with waterfalls, hiking, stream flyfishing and of course military collectors and jeep trails.

If you are in PA and know the lay of the land, I could sure use a guide to narrow it down for a visit this summer.

Thanks, please feel free to PM me.

lpcoating
Re: If you could live ANYWHERE in PA - where would it be?

Post by lpcoating » Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Hello. Wellsboro is a nice area. Pine creek is close. Area around World's End state park is also very nice.

Guy

Cal.Bar

Post by Cal.Bar » Thu May 13, 2021 6:26 pm

lpcoating wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 pm
Hello. Wellsboro is a nice area. Pine creek is close. Area around World's End state park is also very nice.

Guy
Thanks Guy! I appreaciate the tip.

leadfarmer
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by leadfarmer » Thu May 27, 2021 8:17 am

I grew up in the Laurel Highlands region, east of Pittsburgh and now live in Washington county. Check out Ohiopyle. Lot's of woods and waterways to enjoy in the region. Deep Creek, MD isn't far either from here. Most offroading isn't quite legal, but you seldom get in trouble. Every now and then I hear of a friend getting a $150 fine from the DCNR for wheeling in the state game lands. There are some parks where you pay to play for the day.

If I were you, I would be looking at southern or eastern WV. Last fall I went offroading in the Monongahela National Forrest and it felt like there were more trails legal for use than I could ever wheel.

Cal.Bar

Post by Cal.Bar » Thu May 27, 2021 8:34 am

Thanks for the in depth info. While I'm not dead set on PA (yet) the decision as to where to get a summer place involves lots of factors and activities. I don't want to stray into MD, DE, NY, of NJ because of their harsh gun laws. PA (for now at least) enjoys some of the East's most open firearms laws. But I'm also looking at lots of other factors as well. Best fly fishing, availability/cost of land, proximity to towns etc. Jeeps and MV activities always seem to be centered around PA as well.

Return to “NY-Penn MVCC”