BRC, MA, GP Robin Burfoot

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

George Hollins
Sergeant Major of the Gee

BRC, MA, GP Robin Burfoot

Post by George Hollins » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 am

We regret to advise that Robin Burfoot has passed away.

Robin was a frequent contributor here on the G503. He restored several BRC, MA, and GP, and made many parts for our hobby. He not only restored these vehicles, but he was also an historian. He and his family enjoyed displaying his vehicles at UK events and at Normandy.

My wife and I had the privilege to visit Robin and his wife in England several years ago to see his vehicle collection. We also enjoyed visiting with Robin and his wife at the 2015 Austin Bantam Society BRC event in Texas.

Robin was always an interesting and great guy. He will be greatly missed. Our sincere condolences go out to his wife and family.

George

Ladislav
G-Major
G-Major

Re: BRC, MA, GP Robin Burfoot

Post by Ladislav » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am

This is bad new... We were recently in contact. Robin was very helpful and loved his hobby like we do.

Duncan Rolls
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Duncan Rolls » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:03 am

This is very sad news to read...
Robin was a very cool guy. He bought a lot of BRC parts from me and when he
started to make BRC parts I bought parts from him or traded my parts. He visited and stayed with Kim and I twice . Once with
his son Olly, also a very nice young man. We enjoyed seeing Robin and Fiona again at the 75th BRC anniversary meet. We will
miss his friendship.
My condolences to his family.
Sincerely,
Duncan Rolls.
Attachments
Robin and Duncan3A.JPG
Robin and Duncan3A.JPG (64.15 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Robin and Duncan 2AJPG.JPG
Robin and Duncan 2AJPG.JPG (45.01 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Robin and Duncan 1.JPG
(235.71 KiB) Downloaded 652 times

DavidA
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class

Post by DavidA » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:41 am

Sorry to hear. I had met him a few times there in the UK and he was a genuinely nice fellow. He always had the best rides there and enjoyed talking about them.
Robin.png
Robin.png (190.72 KiB) Viewed 1327 times
RIP sir.
David Aro - USN SEABEES '66-'70
1941 WILLYS MB-104354
1942 WILLYS MB-131350

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Robin was a great guy and everything a person should be in this hobby...positive, generous and helpful in every way. He was a long time member of the ABS and shared many parts that he had fabricated and researched as well as information and history. I r member particularly his long submission of “as found” BRCs her on 50. There is a full color picture of him on p. 359 of WARBABY with his son Oliver on Normandy Beach with his fabulous 1940 BRC reproduction. I was so sorry to get this news and extend my deepest sympathy to his family.

lariat
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by lariat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 am

It's a sad day for me. Robin was one of my best friends. I never met with him face to face because there was an ocean between us. But we had a great relationship from emails and phone calls. I could have never got all the Bantam BRCs restored that I did if it was not for Robins help. He provided me with high quality parts and advice when I needed it while always being more than kind. I will miss him as will many others. Robin thanks for all the parts, advice and all the pictures you posted for all.
My sincere condolences to the family
Jim Schwartzkopf

soccergorilla

Post by soccergorilla » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:23 am

Like Jim I never got to meet Robin in person but was close once. We tried to meet up because he was going to be in my area but our schedules were not a fit at the time. Wish we had met but it was not to be. I enjoyed his postings and talking to him. He will be missed by many! Sean.

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”