Ford GP for Sale

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

DANNY07
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Ford GP for Sale

Post by DANNY07 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 am

I just like to say containers are not as cheap as you think when you had insurance to cover the contents, there is also the customs taxes this side and fees to move the container about, just my five pence worth all the best with the sale on GP

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:47 pm

I don’t doubt your statement but when you can still profit £5,000, £6,000, £7,000 or more per jeep it’s still well worth the “trouble”.
Michael O’Connell

Too many jeeps…and a Dodge.

MVPA 13861

rjbeamer
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by rjbeamer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Good day Michael. I have no Idea what the Moderators are or were thinking when they have banned some other people from the Forum. I would think It would have been from constant badgering or inciting discontent with other posters. And usually from repeated infractions from which they have been warned. I think that Yorkshireman was only orating his true feelings (which I agree with especially when you look at some of Mark's past blabbing about prices in the UK and or Europe). These amateurish unprofessional babblings of price's on vehicles and parts just for the sake sounding like you know what your talking about drives up the price on both sides of the pond. Though the phrase Idiot might seem harsh, sometimes you just have to call it like it appears.
Here again IMHO.

Roger

DANNY07
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by DANNY07 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:47 pm

Roger for the true guys that are in this for the love of the hobby,this does put prices up on both side parts and jeeps,all I can say is looking at jeeps that are for sale in the UK with high prices don’t seem to sale very easy and when they do sale it makes me wonder what they did sale for, not the original price I guess, all the best Danny

Fabrizio
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Fabrizio » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 pm

The market in Europe for prototypes may be a little higher, but the potential buyers are a very little hroup.
Don’t forget that while the « Jeep » has a huge emotional and historical bond with Europe, the prototypes are an exotic thing here, almost unseen on period pictures.

On the 50/60k€ range, the serious collector will also have access to mich more impressive MVs like Half-Tracks, M8, m20s.....or to german vehicles like side-cars, kettenkrads, kübel and even maybe typ166, which are a lot more iconic here.
GPW #3606 “LIBBY”
"Jeep is America's only real sports car." - Enzo Ferrari

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 am

Guys, lets have no more falling out. We are all grown men on here who share the same passion for our hobby. We all have opinions, and by the amount of members on here, there is a lot of them. This site is aimed to help each other, and yes i am grateful for the help i have recieved in the past. Also i dont want to see any jeep lover banned from this site. So lets forget about this and get on with it. And i wont mention European prices again.

DANNY07
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by DANNY07 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 pm

DANNY07 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:36 am
I just like to say containers are not as cheap as you think when you add insurance to cover the contents, there is also the customs taxes this side and fees to move the container about, just my five pence worth

JIMN
G-Major
G-Major

Post by JIMN » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:22 pm

It looks like a very nice GP. Good luck with the sale. I am sure there will be a happy new owner.
1941 Ford GP, 1944 Willys MB, 1943 Bantam T3

Cotterpin
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Cotterpin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:32 am

Not looking to offend but. I agree. I wish the European prices would drop also. I’ve been looking for a GPW or MB and I’m so sick of guys with Jeeps for sale telling me they could get double for it in Europe. I usually end with... Then sell it in Europe.
I’ve been in these types of hobbies from old tractors, old Harley’s, Mack trucks to vintage racing snowmobiles for about 30 + years. It’s always the same. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me how much more my antique stuff was worth. I wouldn’t have had to sell it.
The problem is someone will always ask for more and eventually someone will over pay for it.
You want the prices to drop? Stop paying them.
Remember, Askin and gettin are two different things.
PS that’s a great looking GP.
1944 GPW-186956
1945 Bantam T3-66670

DavidA
Equipment Operator, Heavy -2nd Class

Post by DavidA » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Such disrespect toward someone who did nothing more than express an opinion.
David Aro - USN SEABEES '66-'70
1941 WILLYS MB-104354
1942 WILLYS MB-131350

Dawgman
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Dawgman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Prices are high in this hobby for one reason, some fool somewhere overpaid and set the benchmark for future sales. I get tired of competing with overseas people willing to pay way more than what an item is valued at in the US, thus it creates a vicious cycle. No one is being disrespectful, just my 2 cents along with everyone else’s.
12-12-41 slat MB
Midland/Willys frame script GPW 9xxx
No’s match 4-42 script GPW
No’s match 10-44 GPW
Dead MB plow
45 MB 8-21-45 restored
1943 M3a1 WSC
MVPA 7xxx

DavidA

Post by DavidA » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:39 pm

Everyone? I wonder...

We here in the US have the supply and they have the demand. It is the way it is and so they are not fools for paying nor are the sellers who sell the items fools for getting the best price for their item.

Just want to see some sort of decorum rather than name calling. I can see the frustration but that doesn't mean that the person should be called names here on the G.

My 2 cents...
David Aro - USN SEABEES '66-'70
1941 WILLYS MB-104354
1942 WILLYS MB-131350

shaggyax1
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by shaggyax1 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:59 pm

BTT. Open to an offer.

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Hello,

That is a beautiful Ford GP !!!!

Good Luck with the sale !!
It is a very desirable jeep for any collection !

If I win the Lottery, I will let you know asap :D :D :D

Best Regards,
Ray

Wayne Douglas
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Wayne Douglas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Having sold a series 1 GP a little while back in very similar condition I can say your asking price is spot on.

Over here we have the same arguments about what these things are worth. When you're a buyer the asking price is too high and when you are a seller you always wonder if you've priced it high enough. For those who say talking things up is a problem for the future market then when its your time to sell a vehicle make sure you price it low so that you can start the downward trend :D I hope I live to see the day.

High priced items tend to take time to sell as those with cash are discerning buyers and there are always options that the cash can be spent on.

keep smiling and good luck with the sale - don't be in a rush.

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”