MB-2A Body Kit

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, modifications, sugestions, and ideas
thidisbogus
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: MB-2A Body Kit

Post by thidisbogus » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Rusty you did a fantastic job on your jeep.

lt.luke
G-General
G-General

Post by lt.luke » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Halsey wrote:HA! I got the DVD for Xmas last year is why I remember it....

And then there are all the different jeeps used in the movie "Patton"....Everything for CJ2A's to 3As to 3B's......

Neat movie, just don't watch if you are a jeep nut, it may drive you crazy!!

Ha!

Chris
:D
Don't forget the REAL MB/GPWs.

the discussion of MB/GPWs in VN has come up before, and I think that there were a few over there. Our allies certainly had some too. There was loads of WWII vintage gear used in combat after WWII. Some of it still turns up in service in current, yes, active duty, units. I have a #2 D handle shovel recovered after being scrapped by deploying units in '03, and was looking at a fix-bale M1 steel pot recovered from an AD Infantry unit in the '90s. Why do we really doubt a 20 year old vehicle? Humvees are getting to the 20 year mark.

Cobra Doc
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Cobra Doc » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:29 pm

lt.luke wrote:the discussion of MB/GPWs in VN has come up before, and I think that there were a few over there. Our allies certainly had some too. There was loads of WWII vintage gear used in combat after WWII. Some of it still turns up in service in current, yes, active duty, units. I have a #2 D handle shovel recovered after being scrapped by deploying units in '03, and was looking at a fix-bale M1 steel pot recovered from an AD Infantry unit in the '90s. Why do we really doubt a 20 year old vehicle? Humvees are getting to the 20 year mark.
My F-I-L, a three war veteran, told me that AFRVN had a GPW, called the "Death Sled"because it was over 20 years old. He was told that it kept getting assigned to him because it was a WWII relic, just like he was.

Return to “CJ's Modifications”