Scout Car Rear Bumper

Armor, Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
judyronM
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: Scout Car Rear Bumper

Post by judyronM » Fri May 13, 2022 8:06 am

Found the pics, just give you a reference if you go with C-Channel. The light bracket is the same for both sides.

Ron M.
Attachments
image000002.jpg
image000001.jpg
image000000.jpg

judyronM

Post by judyronM » Fri May 13, 2022 8:12 am

I made one with C-Channel but did not like the look even if I rounded the back corners, not much you can do with the tapper look from rear to front on the metal. Had another made from flat metal and paid the price to have it formed on a brake press. Looked 100% better. Your choice of way to go, just check with a local metal shop on how much they charge to bend flat stock.

Ron M.

rjbeamer
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by rjbeamer » Fri May 13, 2022 12:18 pm

Something that i have done in the past when needing a manufactured looking C type Bumper is cut down a piece of Square or Rectangle tubing. It just depends on what you can find in some of the remnant steel yards.....6" X 6" X .188" square tubing would give you Two bumpers. I don't know if you could get Two bumpers out of a 6" X 4" X .188" rectangular tubing or not, but for sure One bumper. It would have a radiused bend and look just like it was made on a Brake.

Just a thought....Roger

Return to “Armor”