WTB PE95 generator to use. Will pick up

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW, Wanted jeeps or parts... list your needs.
hobigusn
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

WTB PE95 generator to use. Will pick up

Post by hobigusn » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:00 am

I know this isn’t MB/GPW, but a lot of jeep guys take the engine out for their jeep, then have a generator left. Looking for a PE95 with or without the engine. I have engines, but would like generator engine specific parts included so I could install a L134. Live in Michigan, willing to travel to pick up for right price and condition. Thank you

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: WTB PE95 generator to use. Will pick up

Post by Adam » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:33 am

What model pe95, a g or h from ww2 or post war pe95K?

Adam

hobigusn
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by hobigusn » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:47 am

Adam wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:33 am
What model pe95, a g or h from ww2 or post war pe95K?

Adam
I haven’t done my research yet, WW2 preferably. Trying to see what available out there. Are they all 10k? What’s the difference/benefit over one or another. Thanks.

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:55 am

there is a 95 k listed in the generator section, the PU58 is 5K I think, dont remember, N15 is 3 phase. Benefits? how big a boat do you have? serious, what are you going to use her for? Most that "run" still need tons of work to be dependable. then you must maintain them, gas engines and bad gas, points, mice eating wiring, 70 yo wiring, some with asbestos in them. or convert to propane. gallon and a half of fuel an hour under load, house back up power? get a honda or generac with safety switch.

N15 will run a small welder or 3 phase electric motor, slim to find
pu58 has better voltage control
pe95 could run your whole house in a emergency, illegal though without proper hookup.

Adam

hobigusn
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by hobigusn » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:59 am

Adam wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:55 am
there is a 95 k listed in the generator section, the PU58 is 5K I think, dont remember, N15 is 3 phase. Benefits? how big a boat do you have? serious, what are you going to use her for? Most that "run" still need tons of work to be dependable. then you must maintain them, gas engines and bad gas, points, mice eating wiring, 70 yo wiring, some with asbestos in them. or convert to propane. gallon and a half of fuel an hour under load, house back up power? get a honda or generac with safety switch.

N15 will run a small welder or 3 phase electric motor, slim to find
pu58 has better voltage control
pe95 could run your whole house in a emergency, illegal though without proper hookup.

Adam
This is to run a welder and the house if the power goes out. House already has a transfer panel. I’m a ww2 nut with many l134 engines and parts. It only seems fit I get a ww2 generator to mess with.

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:54 pm

ok, single phase welder? pe95 g or h, they both originaly had ww2 motors in them, the k has a rmc motor is is post war unit. a pu 58 will work too, manuals may be in jeep draw free downloads. nice if you can find one intact with a ww2 motor in it.Jeep dealer down se pa had 3 missing the engines, doubt he has all the small stuff, and if they were not taken apart correctly, coils could be damaged and wires cut.

have fun

Adam

JAB
G-General
G-General

Post by JAB » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:29 pm

I have a generator carb and intake. I'll be removing the exhaust part prior to parting with it though. PM me if you're interested.
-Jeff

GR8GPN2U!!!

Return to “MB GPW Wanted”