WARNING: Scammer Has Accessed WTB Board

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW, Wanted jeeps or parts... list your needs.
signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: WARNING: Scammer Has Accessed WTB Board

Post by signsup » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:46 pm

Are you saying that there is a "For Sale" listing on the G503 forum board that you think is a scam? Of is this ad somewhere else? I do not see a suspecious ad on this site.
During my activity with "Richard Morgan" my wife was getting text messages on our cell phone concerning the item and I called it and the voice mails was a name that was hard to pronounce. Was not "Richard Morgan"
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
A jeep, a truck, and a trailer

Dino!
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Dino! » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 am

just because he said he wasn't a member doesn't mean he is telling the truth. The person probably has a G account and is using it to troll wanted and other posts.

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised if he is also trolling other jeep boards. His scam price was just low enough for the greed factor, so he is doing some research or knows a little about the hobby.
Oh well, if he gets enough dead ends, maybe he'll move on to other boards or venues.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

jeepernick
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by jeepernick » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:27 pm

once i asked or a odograph kit in WANTED. got an email from a guy who said he had one complete,
i always ask for detailed pictures and try to ask info only a "real"seller could know
i once got offered a complete odograph kit, for a very low price, well that can happen as not anybody knows what it is so... i asked detailed questions , what's on the dataplate, how many cables are there with the kit., got all that but was still not convinced,
i asked for a picture... guess what he send me a picture from my own website.... then i asked for total weight and shipping costs which where way to low for a complete kit which is pretty heavy.
he got angry about all the questions and threatened to sell it to someone else. i said well do so..and backed out.
nowadays you have google picture recognition. if you get a picture, let google look for the same picture and see where it is on the net... very handy
i did not needed that as it was my own picture,, ( stupid scammer) but not everyone will be that lucky.
JN
you are a real jeeper if you need an ice scraper for the INSIDE of your windshield

Iron Oxide
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Iron Oxide » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey All, Good News!!!

"Kenneth Morgan" is still alive and well, and apparently has everything that i ever hoped for on my Christmas List!

He just sent me an email to my direct account (how'd he get that?) and wants to speak with me about how much $jing$ it will take to make all my dreams come true.

I have to go empty my bank account into a Western Union mailing. Bye!

John

PS: Dream on Kenny, you putz!

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:19 pm

If you click on your id, it will take you to your profile page. Or click on mine, it will take you to mine. If you have provided an email address, like I have, it will give anyone who can access the boards, your direct email. I don't know if you have to be a "member" of the boards or not to get to that page. If not, sending a PM is an option as well. But this scammer always chooses to go the direct email route, not a PM.

Does he seem knowledgable about the item you are wanting? Or is he just fishing? My scammer was MoneyGram as Western Union has tightened up their security and requires phot ID to receive a payment. I understand that MoneyGram does not. So the scam world has shifted from WesterUnion or MoneyGram.

I guess it's a numbers game for them. Send out a bunch of form emails and it only costs their time. If only one in a hundred falls for it and sends a couple of hundred bucks or more, it's easy work for them.

Do what you want. I always like to jerk them around with emails for a week or so. Give them fake confirmation numbers, etc. Makes me feel better anyway.

Got a call from a telemarketer the other day and I told him I was on the "do not call" list and wanted his name and direct number to report it. He told me Peter Pan and his number was 800-GIRLS R Us. I hadn't had my second cup of morning coffee and asked him if it was one N or two in Pan. Then I got it as he hung up on me.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:52 am

Here's todays version
Please e-mail me on henrysly21@gmail.com with your wanted part request and I will get back to you Asap. What's your phone number?

Henry McIntosh
United Kingdom.
Notice the reference to "wanted part request". In my WTB posting, it was pretty specific what I was looking for. I'll play this one out for a week or two.

Safari anyone?
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 am

Day two. He must be overseas, doubt it's Englad with the poor grammar, as the emails are read and answered during our night. Every morning I get up for another email.

Here's day two. Notice the reference to MoneyGram, which does not require photo ID for pick up of funds so scammers prefer it to WesterUnion.

Next email will NOT have photo and will probably not even reference a photo, just move on to getting the money.
Hello Robert

Thanks for writing. Yes I still have an original. Yes I still have an original M31C pedelstal mount for a .50 cal Machine gun in excellent shape and condition. I'm asking $550 USD (£350 GBP) in excellent shape and condition as I will be shipping via UPS or FedEx on a 4 - 5 working days delivery and will accept payment via Money Gram as my PayPal is currently dormant. What's your complete shipping address?

Many thanks again and regards,

Henry
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

Michael O.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Michael O. » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 am

I have a request looking for parts on this forum and I received this e-mail yesterday. Glad I checked here first:

Please e-mail me on henrysly21@gmail.com with your wanted part request
and I will get back to you Asap. What's your phone number?

Henry McIntosh
United Kingdom.
WC4 8668603
MB 111414
GPW 2647
GPW 104111
GPW 108552 (coming soon)
MB 369488
MB 379204

MVPA #13861

MickaelUSA
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by MickaelUSA » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 am

I just been contacted by henrysly21@gmail.com ...

He asked me to call him at +44 703 1988543 and he gave me his (fake) address

Henry McIntosh
1 - 8 Churchill Square brighton and Hove
BN1 2TB, United Kingdom.

Becareful ...!
Ford Script 1942 - VEP - GPW 7253
Ford Script 1942 - GPW 27863
Ford Script 1942 - GPW 33348
Willys MB 1942 - "Wolfhounds" MB 204065
Willys MB 1943 - MB 272006
Willys MB 1944 - MB 318856
Ford M151A1

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:35 am

He just wrote me back and includded photographs of his original M31C mount. Of course, the images were "borrowed" from, of all places, a G forum discussion on replica mounts in 2006. Data plate and all.
He was kind of enough to research the nearest MoneyGram locations and provided me with their address so I can get there quickly.

He is a full service scammer.

Back to the Safari hunt with him.

Interesting that he is reading G forum WTB postings to get "leads" but is not reading this thread to know we are on to him/her. Full service scammer, but not too bright?
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

sutts
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by sutts » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:55 am

Agreed, the guy's an obvious fraud - you see his email address pop up on Porche and Harley sites too.

He responded to me:

"Am in Spain currently and I have loads of MB parts in stock.
Make a list and I check on the ware-house for available parts and will
advise price as all parts are in perfect shape and condition, ready to
mount on."

Too good to be true almost always is. Watch out.
GPW 68744 29-Sep-42
GPW 123050 01-Jun-43
MB 210793 11-Feb-43

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Here's the latest from my full service scammer. WOW the shipping from England to the US in INCLUDED in the quoted price. Who'd have thought?
Robert ! Yes they are in perfect shape and condition. Asking price of
$550 USD includes shipping and handling to your stated address in the US. You can proceed with a wire transfer via any of the Money Gram Terminals closest to you with my wife's details as I will be packing the mount ready for shipping meanwhile waiting to read from you once funds are made available.

Henry
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:27 am

Here's this mornings email. Obviousely, english is his second language. Fake ID on his/her end must be in the "wife's" name so that is why the request to send the money to her/him.
Scammer either has accomplice, or is, in fact, a female herself and posing as a male on the forum for perceived legitimacy.
I'll wait a day or two and then he/she will write back wanting to know why I haven't sent payment yet.
Robert ! Yes I will be quite busy in the ware-house with packaging of parts that has been purchased and will be process shipping with the courier as well so my wife will be able to go pick up funds while I package the mount ready for shipping.

Anyways, I checked on the map to obtain nearby Money Gram Terminals where you can easily send out payment by visiting any of the below -

CVS - #2187
More Information
5846 MABLETON PKWY SW
5846 MABLETON, GA 30126-3471
(770) 745-3171

DOLLAR GENERAL #9612
More Information
1391 VETERANS MEM PKWY SW
MABLETON, GA 30126
(770) 819-2675

RUMBA LATINA - #14 - MABLETON
More Information
1391 VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY SW STE 210
MABLETON, GA 30126-3168
(770) 693-4788

Please proceed with a wire transfer via any of the above Money Gram terminals with the details of MY WIFE -

Full Name: Laura McIntosh
Address: 25 Bull St, Birmingham B4 7LB, United Kingdom.
Amount to send: $550 USD

E-mail to me the below information from your Money Gram payment receipt for proper confirmation -

Sender's Name:
Address:
Reference Number:
Amount sent:

I will e-mail to you a tracking number and other shipping information once payment is confirmed.

Henry

--
Please e-mail me on henrysly21@gmail.com with your wanted part request and I will get back to you Asap. What's your phone number?

Henry McIntosh
United Kingdom.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 am

At what point will you tell him one of your colleagues from work has just gotten an assignment to the UK and will be in Birmingham in a couple days and will be happy to pick up the mount and pay ol' Henry for it?
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
GPW 108552 4/17/43 Louisville, KY. USA 20371278 (DOD est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3 4582 10/29/42 USA 0173499 (est.)

Return to “MB GPW Wanted”