WARNING: Scammer Has Accessed WTB Board

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW, Wanted jeeps or parts... list your needs.
wvblackbear
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: WARNING: Scammer Has Accessed WTB Board

Post by wvblackbear » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 am

Can't these folks be banned? ? ?

Squier....
Same thing.
Refers to Karen Salazar
Total scammer. Who wouldn't want a good MB hood for 10$ the complete windshield is only 400 with shipping!! Jump on it!! :lol:
It was a pic of a Mercedes Benz hood emblem.....

Karen Salazar
Attachments
11:36 AM (1 hour ago)

to me

Hello Clint,

Thanks for writing. Sorry for the delay in response as I was busy with deliveries. I just got a chance to check my email. Yes, I have a Winddshield and 43 MB hood for sale original packaging for sale in excellent condition. I'm the original owner. Price for is $400 shipped while 43 MB hood is $10. I'm in Missouri and will ship via UPS. Payment will be made via PayPal. Email me your complete shipping information.
"A married man should forget his mistakes; no use two people remembering the same thing."

1943 Willys MB
1942 Ford GPW
1942 March GPW

wynnski
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by wynnski » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Ah good, I am glad I am not the only one. Squier seems to have an awful lot of hard to find things. I think I will send him a container over and tell him to fill it.
GPW #106837

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 am

SELLER SCAMMING: Key way to deal with scammer is to call the bank on which a check is drawn-cashier’s checks that is….the bank will tell you it the account is bogus (often) or if there are funds to cover the amount you tell them on the phone (less often).
Had one bogus check for a WC-56 I sold later where the guy sent me the check on the Johns Hopkins University credit union after contacting me vcia email…called the bank…gave them the account number and name…..bank lady asked if it was ‘olive drab colored’…yes….”we have several all ready it’s a phony check.” So we went on the safari hunt (great acronym!!!) and told the guy we’d ship as soon as the check cleared. Told them seven days to clear my bank. They called in seven days and told me the check had cleared their bank!!!….not; never ever deposited! I said no money ket then emailed back four days later and told him the check cleared and vehicle ready to pick up. He sent a truck with the “pay the drive the extra money (that was in the check over the purchase price) and that I should give the driver the ‘extra’ money when the truck arrives” Driver actually showed up!!! Showed him a copy of the bogus check and asked him if he’d like me to call the U.S. Attorney to discuss the check and the vehicle he was demanding fraudulently? (I was packing so not too concerned about safety issues). He jumped in the semi and drove off…..got a poor English ‘F off’ message from the scammer by email that evening….well worth the time to create the “Safari Hunt.” :mrgreen: Seven years ago.
Never heard the word ‘safari hunt’ but I’m looking forward to going ‘hunting’ some more….too much fun hearing the scammer get upset they have been defrocked and had!!!
Sent the cchck and emails copies to the FBI - never heard back.
reenacting and WWII history

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:20 am

WAS HOPING THAT US Postal MOs were immune to this crap......I hate PayPal and their 5% fees - too expensive to send money to people when a MO costs a buck! I actually turn down some transactions where the demand is for PayPal use because the fees are so high....

Credit Card transactions are good (especially American Express) because you can deny a transaction and that usually ends the discussion because the scammer has no shipping receipt.

Sooooo...If I'm not in a rush - I tell the seller to wait a month before shipping and that I am not in a rush; specially if they do not know me!!!!

I must admit I research people that buy or sell in transactions with me....a history on the Gee is key! But not just messages - prior sales transactions mean a lot!

How are they scamming Postal Money orders - though the paper and watermark was somewhat foolproof???

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:22 am

WAS HOPING THAT US Postal MOs were immune to this crap......I hate PayPal and their 5% fees - too expensive to send money to people when a MO costs a buck! I actually turn down some transactions where the demand is for PayPal use because the fees are so high....

Credit Card transactions are good (especially American Express) because you can deny a transaction and that usually ends the discussion because the scammer has no shipping receipt.

Sooooo...If I'm not in a rush - I tell the seller to wait a month before shipping and that I am not in a rush; specially if they do not know me!!!!

I must admit I research people that buy or sell in transactions with me....a history on the Gee is key! But not just messages - prior sales transactions mean a lot!

How are they scamming Postal Money orders - though the paper and watermark was somewhat foolproof???

Anyone found a less scammer friendly or less expensive way to send $$$? Please let all of us know what it is!!!!

donk_316
G-Major
G-Major

Post by donk_316 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:45 pm

If someone wants to scam you they will find a way. Doesn’t matter what or how you pay.

The cheapest / fastest way is through bank transfers IBAN / SWIFT but that seems to be something to fear in North America where as in Europe I pick up my phone and in seconds transfer a buddy €20 like it’s no issue.

The friends and family crap with PayPal is a joke also. Yeah sure the seller doesn’t lose as much money (you pay the fee) but there is no protection there.

here in North America I use PayPal and suck up the fees. I can’t be bothered to wait for postal money orders and then waiting for the bank to clear it blah blah blah then wait another few weeks for the actual item to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GPW 112092 04-30-43 USA 20372531 (orig)

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 am

Does IBAN SWIFT work or available in US??? Heard that it's the bomb!

Return to “MB GPW Wanted”