M274A2 Electric Starter

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
bk-sinko
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

M274A2 Electric Starter

Post by bk-sinko » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:05 am

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make an electric starter for a two cylinder motor? I have several NOS manual starters and I think I heard some where that you use part of one of that and mate it up to some civilian electric starter. Can anyone instruct me what to do? Or is there a starter I can buy from NAPA that will bolt right in?
Thanks
Mike

1966 M274A2

Caution Argon
Be back later

Mtn-Track
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Mtn-Track » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:21 am

Mike,

The electric starters for these are custom. I got mine from Terry at Mechanical Mules of America in Montana, but there are several others that make them also.

Stu

edisworking

Post by edisworking » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:22 pm

There is a on ebay right now

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Chuck W. » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Those starters on e-pay are WAY too much! $225.!! Call David Kelone http://www.militarymules.com/main.html, he has new ones for $150., or check with Bill Watson http://www.militarymules.homestead.com/

The M274 parts that I have seen on e-bay seem to be way out of line. Check with the mule parts dealers before you pay the auction price. Some things are hard to come by are are rightly priced high, but normal items are available from the dealers at reasonable prices. For example, there's a blower on e-bay right now that's at $56.45 and still going. Kelone's got NOS blowers for $50. Support our mule parts suppliers!
North Alabama

Return to “Mule M274”