Two M274A2 Mule Projects For Sale

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
m37-man
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Two M274A2 Mule Projects For Sale

Post by m37-man » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:32 am

Two 1966 M274A2 Mechanical Mule projects for sale, USMC 33701X/BMY 241X and USMC 33702X/BMY 242X. One is original 4 wheel steer, one is currently 2WS as previous owner swapped A5 outer axles on to the rear, it can be converted back to 4WS with the proper parts. These platform trucks are only five serial numbers apart and as they were both found in California and are USMC marked, they were probably released from Camp Pendleton in the early 1980s. I would rate these at about 90% complete, they both roll and have original data plates, foot baskets, pedals, repro deck covers, repro seat backs, levers, shift rods, engines, transmissions, axles, bed rails, fuel tanks, original wheels and tires and most of the driveline. Expect that the two-cylinder Military Standard engines will probably need to be rebuilt or replaced, the transmissions and drop axles checked out, and some harder to find parts will need to be sourced including a top cooling shroud, driveshaft, muffler, starter and rear engine cage. Minor parts will also be needed including but not limited to seat cushions, control cables, tie rods/drag link, fuel lines, wiring, etc. I would consider the magnesium decks in fair-good condition for their age, with some “erosion”, cracks, dents, etc. I have only one steering box and column currently and it has been modified. These are projects, many of the parts will need attention and the vehicles are priced accordingly.
M274 Mechanical Mules are lightweight ½ ton rated 4WD platform trucks and have not been manufactured for 50 years, fully restored examples are typically in the $10-15K price range and many original parts are no longer available. These are priced at $3,500 each, if the second one ends up being less complete the price will be reduced. May be bringing one of them to upcoming western MV meets in Phoenix, AZ, Parker, AZ and Plymouth, CA, in early 2022, otherwise the buyer is responsible for transport. FOB San Diego, CA. The extra bed shown in the photo is not for sale. Message me if interest or questions.
Attachments
Two mules for sale reduced.JPG
M37-Man, discriminating collector of all terrain vehicles:
'43 Ford GPW
'45 Willys MB
'73 Jeep Commando
'78 & '85 Jeep CJ7s
'83 Jeep Scrambler
Herd of '66 BMY M274A2 Mules

Pack75howitzer
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Re: Two M274A2 Mule Projects For Sale

Post by Pack75howitzer » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:10 am

You certainly have some projects there. Some of the parts needed to complete are very difficult to find. There are not many engine top covers out there as they are attached to working mule engines. Steering boxes are also very challenging to find. Mule parts have been difficult to find lately. Good luck

Return to “Mule M274”