TireJect for running tubeless tires

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
Mike_W
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
TireJect for running tubeless tires

Post by Mike_W » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:43 pm

I have been running my tires tubeless for years now. My rims aren't the straightest and have been a source for leaks. I always check the tire pressures before I take my mule out and usually have to top them off. My tires are also old and some air was leaking through the tire itself. I finally decided to get new tires several months ago and sure enough, they leaked around the tire bead and just wouldn't seal good. That's when I started looking for something that would help seal the bead. First off, I hate Slime. You have to use large amounts and it's just a mess to fool with. I'm not one to usually endorse products. I believe things should just work as advertised without any fanfare. But in this case I have found a product that I believe really delivers on it's claims. I used the product as instructed and have not had to top off my air pressure for months now. It's easy to use, not messy, seals tire beads even on wavy wheels, prevents leaks through old, dry rotted tires and seals holes up to 3/8 of an inch. That should cover things like nails, screws, and other objects that tend to puncture tires. That product is TireJect for off-road. Here is the link where you can read about it, https://www.tireject.com/pages/tireject ... re-sealant. There may be other similar products out there that I can't speak to but I'm a believer in this one and wanted to share.
Mike White
Hayesville, NC

eclipse
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Re: TireJect for running tubeless tires

Post by eclipse » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:14 pm

What is it like busting the bead to change a tire later on? Seems like it would glue it on!
1951 M38
1953 M37
1962 Navy DJ3a
1969 M274 A5
Member of:
AMVCC & AHMTA

Mike_W
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Re: TireJect for running tubeless tires

Post by Mike_W » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:51 am

No, actually the opposite. This product is water based not like the cements that many tire shops use. Easy cleanup and removal. It stays a thin liquid which allows it to keep sealing. I had tires mounted one time by a motorcycle/atv shop and the sealer they used turned into hard rubber and I had to use a scraper and wire wheel to clean up the rims.
Mike White
Hayesville, NC

Return to “Mule M274”