Knob Creek Fall Shoot Pics

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
Grummanflyer
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Knob Creek Fall Shoot Pics

Post by Grummanflyer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Here's a few shots from the fall shoot at Knob Creek Range this year.

Ready to head out with my new mule cover.

Some a little bashfull

Some not so much. Thats Ghillie Man

Here's his mule with me trying out the 50 cal

This is a good shot.

Thats Gunslinger in the black hat and thats his best side.

The sides roll up on the covered mule. Makes it a lot easier to load up ammo and parts. We had sunshine Friday but Saturday was cloudy and cold most of the day but everybody still had a good time. I couldn't get Terrill to sit still long enough to take his picture. Maybe somebody else has some more shots to add.

GF
I have guns.
You don't want me to have guns.
I won't give you my guns.
YOUR MOVE!

tbied2
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Knob Creek Fall Shoot Pics

Post by tbied2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:59 pm

hey;.. i had a very good time running around. thanks for the lug wrench too. i think i do more socializing with all the people that you only see twice a year. next time may concentrate on riding people. kinda cold in campground on thursday night. saturday,,.. i had a flat of sorts. had a fairly respectable load and the wheel split in half. made for a rather slow ride back to the campground. luckily it was on the left rear, so i just sat on the right front and drove. rather an interesting break. luckily i had a spare. friday was okay,, but on saturday after about five, a bunch of the mules bugged out and i ran people back and forth until about eleven.. did pretty good. also;; i was able to sell my complete but non-running mule motor, an engine cover, steering cover, steering column, and complete rear axle assy. with transmission and all the four wheel steering stuff. that gave me some money for some other projects. and finally two pics of busted wheel and one shot of the other worlds greatest mule mechanic from alabama., i think....................

they helped me get that wheel off. it had split in two completely seperate pieces. never seen that......

Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:50 pm

Great pictures John, did you get all 14 mules together for a group photo?

emmado22
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by emmado22 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 am

That cover is very cool. Any more pics of it?
Army trucks

Grummanflyer
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Grummanflyer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Auto Shop teacher wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:50 pm
Great pictures John, did you get all 14 mules together for a group photo?
No I didn't. That would have almost been impossible since it was rare to find more than 3 or 4 out front at one time. I don't think all 14 were hauling stuff. I saw several at the campground just parked when the rest of us were on the move.
I have guns.
YOUR MOVE!

Grummanflyer
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Grummanflyer » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:41 pm

emmado22 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 am
That cover is very cool. Any more pics of it?
I have several pictures I took in the hangar while I was building it and a few I took before I loaded it up. It was a fun project and I learned a few tricks along the way that would have made things quite a bit easier if I was ever going to build another one. That thing has over 85 feet of 1" DOM tubing not to mention the 1& 1/8th and the flat bar and 35 or 40 snaps. The canvas was an old tarp I found that had some damage due to being stretched out in a few places. We tried ironing out the wrinkles but it just wasn't in the cards. I hemmed all the seams except the front because I was just in a hurry and was worried I wouldn't get it done in time. I'm gonna splice a new piece on the front and roll it over to the rear and put the snaps in the back of the front bar like I did the back hoop. There was quite a bit of sewing to do in addition to all the metal work and a ton of fish mouth cuts to make the tubing fit together.

GF
I have guns.
YOUR MOVE!

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Neat top looks like a mini WWI truck, nice job.
I suppose one could recommend inspecting rims whenever they are off for possible splits where that one did, might be something to do with age, not just impact, especially if it was the rear wheel.
W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Return to “Mule M274”