M29C Tracks

Ships, Boats, Small Craft, Patrol Craft, Landing Craft, Amphibious Tracked Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

M29C Tracks

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Does anyone know anything about Carroll Tech? Their claim is to repair, modify and build rubber tracks.
http://www.carrolltech.com/index.html

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: M29C Tracks

Post by signsup » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:50 am

I'm going from memory, but I think I contacted them a while ago about working on weasel trackes. They have nothing available now, weren't really interested in learning new process for limited market and were years out in what they have in shop work right now. So, that took care of that.

But if enough people call and inquire, maybe they will rethink their market needs. I think the weasel owners can all agree if someone can come up with something that resembled or used the original grousers and bands, there would be a market for 50 or so sets of these tracks in built up demand. But the price and appearance would have to be a consideration. If all of us had unlimited resources and did not care about original appearance, we all would be driving Liberty tracks.

If you talke to them, report back.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
A jeep, a truck, and a trailer

Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:16 pm

I contacted Ruud Moors about the track kit he has advertised on milweb.net and received the following. I asked if he would export to the USA and he asked me where. I replied Missouri and he didn't respond after that. Maybe if we could order more than one set he would get more interested. I know some have been imported here but don't know from who.

ruud moors <ruudmoors@hotmail.com>
Fri 10/11/2019 1:04 PM
Hello Bob
The kit is for the ww2 weasel!
Cost €3875 in vat.

Mvg Ruud Moors

het volgende geschreven:

> www.milweb.net
> Milweb Advert [New Rubber Weasel Tracks]

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:38 pm

It is my understanding that these are some sort of Volvo excavator tracks and the kit comes with spingles and sprockets. So, yes, it will get your weasel moving, but it's an all rubber track and modern wheels, so you've got a weasel/skidsteer.

I don't know what story I would create to discuss with the general public how in WWII, rubber was so scarce that they used lead washers on trailer reflectors instead of rubber, but they had enough to make rubber tracks for the weasel.

Hmmmmm….
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
A jeep, a truck, and a trailer

Return to “Boats, Ships, Landing Craft, and Tracked amphibian”