Weasel Followed Me Home. Now I've got my own confusion.

Ships, Boats, Small Craft, Patrol Craft, Landing Craft, Amphibious Tracked Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Weasel Followed Me Home. Now I've got my own confusion.

Post by signsup » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm

A group of weasels is called a confusion. Now that I've got two, I'm more confused than usual. Just drove it off the trailer, so haven't done a lot of research yet. 1945 M29C Some Bubba issues, but not too bad. Some nice little trinkets and missing some. Here's some eye candy . .
drivers side.JPG
drivers side.JPG (34 KiB) Viewed 879 times
passenger side.JPG
passenger side.JPG (36.04 KiB) Viewed 879 times
rear.JPG
rear.JPG (33.6 KiB) Viewed 879 times
engine.JPG
engine.JPG (34.22 KiB) Viewed 879 times
gauges.JPG
gauges.JPG (28.58 KiB) Viewed 879 times
wiper motors.JPG
wiper motors.JPG (32.71 KiB) Viewed 879 times
radio shelf.JPG
radio shelf.JPG (31.61 KiB) Viewed 879 times
troop seats.JPG
troop seats.JPG (30.9 KiB) Viewed 879 times
tracks.JPG
tracks.JPG (27.97 KiB) Viewed 879 times
Tracks not too bad, no breaks in rubber. Both wiper motors work. Radiator hatch lid, brush guard, one windshield hold down clip, muffler guard, troop seats, radio shelf, engine cover with data plate, original fuel tank. Wouldn't be surprised if this thing floated. Opened up some drain plugs and rain water from the trip home came out, so it holds water in, probably holds most of it out.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
A jeep, a truck, and a trailer

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Weasel Followed Me Home. Now I've got my own confusion.

Post by D.R.H. » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Wow Robert, very nice indeed! Is this the Weasel that was for sale in Texas several months ago? Many Weasels together are known as a Boogle, Gang or Pack as well. :)
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:24 am

This one came from the UP of MI. Same road trip as K38 signal corp line splicer trailer and Packard Clipper and stashes of parts. Trailer and Packard will get started on separate boards and threads in a few days. Still unpacking and getting two vehicles ready DeElegance this weekend. Then Veterans Day spurt of activity. Then, hopefully, settle in for a long winters vehicle restoration session.
Oh yeah, headed up to NC to pick up an M100 trailer I got at a GSA auction. That should be a quick flip.
Oh, yeah, stopping on the NC trailer trip to look at an M37 for sale. Don't have ool.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

dpcd67
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dpcd67 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Now I want one......
U. S. Army 28 years.
Armor Branch

Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Your Weasel looks like mine and mine came from Mi. I wish I could get pictures to work on here. Does yours have a cover over the inspection hole behind and to the left of the middle seat? I need to make one if there is supposed to be one there.

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:32 pm

I will take photos of that specific area on both my weasels on Friday and post them. My initial thought is that there are no openings on either one, so a cover or plate. Is this the area that is used to adjust the large thumbscrews for the brakes??
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by D.R.H. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Pasturepilot, read this; viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16916, and follow the direction. You will be posting photos of your machine in no time. So please do it, I really want to see more Weasels here on the "G". Yours too!!
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.

Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 am

signsup wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:32 pm
I will take photos of that specific area on both my weasels on Friday and post them. My initial thought is that there are no openings on either one, so a cover or plate. Is this the area that is used to adjust the large thumbscrews for the brakes??

Yes, it the opening to adjust the steering brakes.

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:37 am

Interesting... my first weasel was missing the same small cover, so it must be a common item to misplace. Only held in place with one captive nut and bolt. Here is photo of second weasel with cover in place and cover. Feels to me to be a Bubba replacement, just a small piece of sheet steel with a hole drilled in it. And, this one is almost a heavier gauge steel than the other removeable plates in the tub bottom which is odd as no one can step on it or place heavy cargo on it where it is located behind the seat. But, probably what Bubba had laying around.

I can trace pattern and send to you, but you can probably create one yourself just as easy. If you have the same D rings welded in place, it slides under the ring and bolts in with one bolt.

Hope this helps.
cover plate  3.JPG
cover plate 3.JPG (20.77 KiB) Viewed 731 times
cover plate 1.JPG
cover plate 1.JPG (21.1 KiB) Viewed 731 times
cover plate 2.JPG
cover plate 2.JPG (26.6 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Robert Brough
Winston, GA

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by D.R.H. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:25 pm

I am thinking that the inspection cover is so a guy can see the universal joint and lube it. The brake adjusting wing nuts are a little further back and higher up. I'm loving how STRAIGHT your sheet metal is on your Weasel Robert !!

DIYJ
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by DIYJ » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:56 pm

1943 T24 Weasel

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by D.R.H. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I bought the division panel that is between the engine and battery compartment from the same guy. He does very nice work. I do recommend him.

Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 am

signsup wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:37 am
Interesting... my first weasel was missing the same small cover, so it must be a common item to misplace. Only held in place with one captive nut and bolt. Here is photo of second weasel with cover in place and cover. Feels to me to be a Bubba replacement, just a small piece of sheet steel with a hole drilled in it. And, this one is almost a heavier gauge steel than the other removeable plates in the tub bottom which is odd as no one can step on it or place heavy cargo on it where it is located behind the seat. But, probably what Bubba had laying around.

I can trace pattern and send to you, but you can probably create one yourself just as easy. If you have the same D rings welded in place, it slides under the ring and bolts in with one bolt.

Hope this helps.cover plate 3.JPGcover plate 1.JPGcover plate 2.JPG
That is the hole in question.
Thanks.

Return to “Boats, Ships, Landing Craft, and Tracked amphibian”