M29C Weasel Bogies

Ships, Boats, Small Craft, Patrol Craft, Landing Craft, Amphibious Tracked Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

M29C Weasel Bogies

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:03 pm

I kept hearing ringing and clatter like loose grousers or something loose. I found that the bogies which are split and have a bell shape collects trash especially gravel and small rocks which rattle and ring when rolling. I suspect they are made like that to prevent trapping water which could freeze and cause problems. It seems like there is a better way. Thought of filling them with foam. Does anyone have a suggestion?

mfrance
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: M29C Weasel Bogies

Post by mfrance » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Welcome to the specific distinctive noise the weasel gives off when rolling.....

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: M29C Weasel Bogies

Post by D.R.H. » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:46 am

Pasturepilot, I was thinking the very same thing this past weekend. The bogie wheels on my 1st. Weasel were full of small stones, not very quiet at all. I had it in my mind to use gap filling foam to fill the guide wheel, cut off what oozes out then run a bead of black Dow Corning 795 construction sealant to hide and seal the foam from water. I have some spare bogie wheels and I just may experiment on one of them. If it works, this will means rolling along WITHOUT that irritating clanging sound!! :D
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.

Return to “Boats, Ships, Landing Craft, and Tracked amphibian”