M29 Weasel part

Ships, Boats, Small Craft, Patrol Craft, Landing Craft, Amphibious Tracked Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

M29 Weasel part

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:54 pm

I received this part with my Weasel and don't know where it goes. Can anyone identify it for me?

[URL=https://s1244.photobucket.com/user/BobE ... 5.jpg.html]Image[/UI RL]

Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: M29 Weasel part

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:55 pm

My new Weasel

70th Division
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by 70th Division » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:16 am

Hello,

Welcome to the G !!
That is a beautiful Weasel you have there !!
You also have very interesting rebuilt tracks on your Weasel.
The part looks like one I have, but I am not certain where it goes, but someone will certainly know here on the G.

You should make a post just for your weasel, to let everyone
see what a restored one looks like :D :D :D

Especially some pictures of the tracks you have, my weasel is a project that I haven't
started yet, other than buying up certain parts, most importantly , a rust free gas tank, as mine was missing, but I have one now.

For many weasel owners, tracks are a huge issue.
Gaining knowledge on successful track restorations is a vital piece of information that we all are looking to find !!

Looking forward to a post on your Weasel !!!

Best Regards,
Ray

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by D.R.H. » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:02 pm

I agree 70th, this is a great looking weasel. I had one back in the mid '90's. I also had 3 pair of type 3 track that I rebuilt and sold. I have another 'new to me' Weasel on the way and will need to rebuild my track. I had experimented back then with a rebuild process that works and will be implementing it again on this one. I may post a few pictures of mine in another thread to avoid High-Jacking this one.

Anyway PasturePilot1, Your Weasel looks great. If I may be so bold, DON'T SELL IT..........EVER!! They are becoming harder to find. :) I personally would love to see more pictures of it, close up please.
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.

Pasturepilot1
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by Pasturepilot1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:04 pm

70th Division wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:16 am
Hello,

Welcome to the G !!
That is a beautiful Weasel you have there !!
You also have very interesting rebuilt tracks on your Weasel.
The part looks like one I have, but I am not certain where it goes, but someone will certainly know here on the G.

You should make a post just for your weasel, to let everyone
see what a restored one looks like :D :D :D

Especially some pictures of the tracks you have, my weasel is a project that I haven't
started yet, other than buying up certain parts, most importantly , a rust free gas tank, as mine was missing, but I have one now.

For many weasel owners, tracks are a huge issue.
Gaining knowledge on successful track restorations is a vital piece of information that we all are looking to find !!

Looking forward to a post on your Weasel !!!

Best Regards,
Ray
Speaking of a rust free gas tank, mine is. It is the rubber tank and looks great. Don't know where one can be found though.
Thanks for the welcome. Bob

Return to “Boats, Ships, Landing Craft, and Tracked amphibian”