MJCQ Website

Military Jeep Club of Queensland

Moderators: Steven Malikoff, Jeff Gordon

jeep42
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
MJCQ Website

Post by jeep42 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:02 am

Anyone tried to upload photos to our website in the last year or so?

Some new pics would relieve the boredom of the past entries, but approval required by the moderator seems tardy, to express it politely.

Cullen
banned

Re: MJCQ Website

Post by Cullen » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:42 pm

I've been having some conversations with Nick (Magazine Editor) and will make contact with Darren (Digital Media aka website) soon about looking into this. The social media and online platforms are the easiest way to promote the club at this time, and I think we can update this with some new content from the Club runs and Swap meet from this year.

Chris
Chris Cullen
1943 Willys MB
MJCQ Member
Brisbane QLD Australia

AUSMV
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by AUSMV » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:05 am

Here we go again.....

As discussed and agreed by members on many occasions over the years the Club newsletter is our primary source of information and communication with members.

The club website was created as the initial point of contact for non members who were looking for information on our club. It has basic details, contacts and some photos. The website is not maintained for the use of members as we already have this information available to us via the newsletter, meetings etc.

Many years ago, before Facebook, members expressed an interest in posting their photos for other members to view. Our new website was then created to give the members the opportunity to post those photos. Over the 15 years since then there has been about 5 photos submitted by members other than me. Each day over those 15 years I have signed into our website, scrolled through to members submissions with the hope that one of those members who wanted this opportunity, including jeep42, has submitted some photos. Jeep42 speaks of “boredom of past entries”, try logging onto the MJCQ website each day for 15 years and facing the disappointment of an empty members submission folder each time!!!

The only thing tardy is jeep42’s taking up other social media. If you would like to see more photos, other than in our newsletter you are going to have to join the Facebook page. Our Facebook page is updated daily by members with photos and up to date information.

The same goes for G503. G503 is excellent for jeep info but does not have a following on our club page. It appears that there is only a couple of members that regularly look at the G503 club page, whereas on FB we have many hundreds of viewings of posts by members each day.
Darren

1943 Welbike
1944 BSA 'para' bicycle
1942 MB Slat grill
1943 GPW Jeep
1943 C15A Ford Blitz
1942 WM20 BSA
LP2A Carrier
Mk2 Universal Carrier
Mk2 FERRET

Chris Cullen
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Chris Cullen » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:09 am

Sorry mate, I’m not trying to open a can of worms.
Chris Cullen
1943 Willys MB
MJCQ Member C205
Brisbane QLD Australia

jeep42
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jeep42 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:37 am

Well at last someone has rattled the cage of the executive in the form of the strangely named " Digital Engagement Officer" to attempt to explain the eventual demise of the MJCQ 503 Forum.
His text just reiterates what the Forum is all about, ie. a support medium to the club magazine.
His reference to a post I submitted over two years ago about my pictures not being accepted for publication is true. The pictures were Jeep related and were submitted to the moderator as required for approval. They were not published, nor was an explanation forthcoming. I have not attempted since to up load any pics.
It is painfully obvious that the MJCQ membership is now centered on the Facebook platform as a means of communication . We must support the American trends . However, it must also be remembered that many people don`t support social media et.al and rely on the club format.
Sorry DEO. Your post has done nothing to support this Forum site, but has signalled that it`s life is limited.
More`s the pity as many members still look to it for information.
David, F136

Chris Cullen
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Chris Cullen » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 am

I'm currently in the process of uploading a mass of photos which I have taken, at various MJCQ events this year to the MJCQ Website Photo Albums.

You will eventually see the following:

Pimpama Gold Coast Run 2021
ANZAC Day Brisbane City 2021
Wynnum Meet 2021
Teneriffe Event 2021
Swap Meet 2021

Keep checking back soon for all new content!
Chris Cullen
1943 Willys MB
MJCQ Member C205
Brisbane QLD Australia

Chris Cullen
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Chris Cullen » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:43 pm

Update:
I have uploaded new photos (including ANZAC Day Brisbane City 2022) to the website.

I have also added a gallery folder for upcoming runs and events flyers for those who don’t use the Facebook communication channels.

Chris
Chris Cullen
1943 Willys MB
MJCQ Member C205
Brisbane QLD Australia

jeep42
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jeep42 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:52 am

I refer to a reply by AUSMV to my critisiam of the use of social media to promuligate club functions instead of using our forum or newsletter.

I understand that a visit by the club to the Qld Maritime museum was held this weekend, 25 Feb23.

Could AUSMV enlighten members where this event was notified in the forum or the Jan23 newsletter as he previously declared would happen.
Maybe a trip number as well?

Again, I ensure the executive that a large majority of more senior members do not subscribe to the social media platforms. By observing the login numbers to the forum looking for information,I assume this to be correct.

David F136

Chris Cullen
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Chris Cullen » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:04 am

Hi David,

I was one of the organisers for this event at the Maritime Museum.
I would like to make a couple of points in relation to your post.
1. The trip number was 260223.
2. The event was not advertised in the club magazine, as there was no confirmation of the date and time before the Jan 2023 edition went to print. This is due to the museum confirming available dates after the magazine was published.
3. All reasonable measures were taken to advise members of the event. This included discussions at more than two club meetings. This also included details recorded in the club house of the proposed/confirmed dates/times/run number on the information board during these meetings.
This information has also been available for several weeks on the MJCQ website, which I personally updated with current run/event information; including the Easter weekend and Laidley.

I would like to formally discuss the use of this forum, in relation to club comms. I understand the hesitance to utilise social media platforms, in which I have made every opportunity available for the last two runs that I have organised; to have them listed in the magazine, MJCQ website and Facebook groups (both the unofficial page and the club runs page).

Could you please indicate to me, how many members of the MJCQ still actively utilise this forum?

I have posted information on here which has had no response for several months (if anything at all), and from my involvement; I have only noticed three regular members who post anything in this forum (including yourself, Darren and Jeff).

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Chris CULLEN
C205
Chris Cullen
1943 Willys MB
MJCQ Member C205
Brisbane QLD Australia

jeep42
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jeep42 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:27 am

Hello Chris,

Thank you for replying on behalf of AUSMV explaining the omission of notification of the maritime museum trip.

It`s a shame it occurred as I have a distant association with the museum and would have attended. It would have helped if a warning had been placed on the forum of negeotions, then a later confirmation.
As for visitors to this site, a look at the lower left corner will indicate that members still view it. Witness , that you saw my previous post within an hour of lodgement.

However Chris, since your rengagement with the club it has proved to be a breath of fresh life to both the magazine for your pictures and most importantly the swap meet and general activities.
Keep it up. It`s members like you that make an organization work. Well done my friend.

David F136.

Chris Cullen
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by Chris Cullen » Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:12 am

Thanks David.
My apologies that you weren’t personally aware of the museum run. Rest assured, this is definately the first of many other opportunities that we will be having planned displays at this museum. The QMM committee are supportive of us in planning these events, so I will endeavour to advise members on all available channels, when such events are being planned.

Thankyou for your kind words about my involvement within the club. I am certainly very passionate about getting out there and making the magazine and events enjoyable for all members.

Please check the club website too, as I upload all the photos from the events I attend in the galleries. I seem to have continual issues uploading them on this forum, so you can always find them there.

Chris
Chris Cullen
1943 Willys MB
MJCQ Member C205
Brisbane QLD Australia

Return to “MJCQ”