Notifications.

Military Jeep Club of Queensland

Moderators: Steven Malikoff, Jeff Gordon

jeep42
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Notifications.

Post by jeep42 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 am

I understand that some decisions were made at the last general meeting were to be posted on this site for those of us unable to attend the meeting.
Any of the executive body able to ignore the social chit chat sites and comply?

David F136

AUSMV
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Re: Notifications.

Post by AUSMV » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm

David,
Unfortunately forums are becoming outdated and you may have to get with the times and get onto the 'chit chat' sites to keep up with current events. I think you will find there will be topics that will interest you including historical, classic and military vehicles, motorcycles, stationary motors, historical building, travel not to mention more frequent contact with family and friends. Also all posts can contain photos that many forums can't do easily. Considering that 94% of the world population use some form of social media I think you are missing out if you don't get on board. Let me know if you would like me to help you get onto Facebook and within days I am sure you will see the light!!!

www.facebook.com
Last edited by AUSMV on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darren

1943 Welbike
1944 BSA 'para' bicycle
1942 MB Slat grill
1943 GPW Jeep
1943 C15A Ford Blitz
1942 WM20 BSA
LP2A Carrier
Mk2 Universal Carrier
Mk2 FERRET

AUSMV
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by AUSMV » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm

David,
Unfortunately forums are becoming outdated and you may have to get with the times and get onto the 'chit chat' sites to keep up with current events. I think you will find there will be topics that will interest you including historical, classic and military vehicles, motorcycles, stationary motors, historical building, travel not to mention more frequent contact with family and friends. Also all posts can contain photos that many forums can't do easily. Considering that 94% of the world population use some form of social media I think you are missing out if you don't get on board. Let me know if you would like me to help you get onto Facebook and within days I am sure you will see the light!!!

www.facebook.com
Darren

1943 Welbike
1944 BSA 'para' bicycle
1942 MB Slat grill
1943 GPW Jeep
1943 C15A Ford Blitz
1942 WM20 BSA
LP2A Carrier
Mk2 Universal Carrier
Mk2 FERRET

artificer
banned

Post by artificer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:34 pm

Keeping up the chit chat then ignoring forums like G503 & younger [with it] guys are ignoring a technical knowledge base possessed by folk who were raised working on ALL these vehicles y'all now own.

I for one are not in the least interested in Facebook et al.

Frankly I don't know anyone except kids & a few others of different age groups who waste half their day looking @ their phone.

I look in amazement when out to dinner @ the sheer ignorance of 3/4 of groups on some tables fooling with telephones.
John GIBBINS Member Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers [Ret], ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck & Auto Technician USA -2002 Licensed Motor Mech NSW MVIC 49593 Current 2015
TO DIAGNOSE, TROUBLESHOOT OR FAULT FIND ANY AUTO SYSTEM....
Understand how system parts interact with one another. GOOD parts can then be established & the NOT GOOD problem/s part/s isolated for repair or replacement.

jeep42
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by jeep42 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:21 am

Darren,
I umbrage at your reply to my post.

Please re-read my request. It clearly asks that MJCQ business be posted on our forum that has been used for such promulgation over many years.

Members are not interested in reading of other interests when they seek out this forum, as like myself, they go to the many other great forum sites that cover their various hobbies with great dedication.

Social media does not suit everybody, in particular many people not spending most part of their life glued to their electronic devices.

Many normal people just want a simple message of what`s happening in their beloved club sans the bulldust!

David F136.

Return to “MJCQ”