Warning about buying from ILMINTERPRISE

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

almonster
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Warning about buying from ILMINTERPRISE

Post by almonster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:11 pm

These guys sell a lot of HUMVEE stuff on ePay. But watch out, they typically jack you up on shipping.

I'll never buy from these guys again. I'm tired of their practices.

Just an FYI to all on the HUMVEE G.

86humv
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by 86humv » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:03 pm

Most, if not all there prices are higher than Actions prices on H1 stuff.
86 Hmmwv
Lots A parts
M101A2 trailer
M1102 trailer

Kurt Lesser
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

San Jose area parts seller?

Post by Kurt Lesser » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:30 am

Al,

Can you tell us where your guy is located?

In another note, I see some guy in San Jose (area code 408) advertising that he is selling parts. Has anyone met him or done business with him? It seems strange that I haven't met him since I live in this area.
Kurt Lesser
US Navy, 1969-1975
M996A1 Ambulance w/M101A3 Trailer
M274A2 Mule
M151A1 Mutt w/M416B1 Trailer
M890 Crew cab

unclesamsurplus

Post by unclesamsurplus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:19 am

i've never done business with them but i took a look at there auctions and noticed the shipping costs are clearly stated. they did not appear to be over inflated and the prices seemed average as well.
i can understand if the parts you purchased were not as described but to discourage others from purchasing from this guy because the shipping was too high? you had to have seen the shipping cost before you agreed to purchase.
selling on ebay is very expensive and to inflate the shipping cost a buck or two to offset the high cost of advertizing and receiving paypal payments is normal.
if the seller does not disclose the shipping costs prior to purchasing an item and than sends an exceptionally high shipping cost i could certainly understand where you're coming from but it appears that is not the case here.
supply and demand determine an items value.

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Retired War Horses » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:33 am

Actions Prices are Dealer prices...They are what he pays.

As far as AL's complaint...I had it out with this guy last week about shipping Multiple items and he came up with a total lame excuse.
Everytime I ask him for a tracking numbers he seems to have a case of the Ass.....He made a comment in one of his e-mails how his prices were better then anyone elses, I quickly reminded him that he WAS NOT cheaper, He only had to look at other Auctions to see that.
Retired War Horses Restoration

Call us for all your HMMWV parts, service, upgrades and conversion needs.

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Retired War Horses » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:36 am

I think what Al is referring to is that he does not or did not combine shipping. If you purchase 2 seat belts it costs you 24.00 in shipping, They can be put into the same box and it will cost 12.00.

unclesamsurplus

Post by unclesamsurplus » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:45 pm

that is probably why al was upset with the guy. to me, a buck or 2 overcharge for shipping is reasonable but $10.00 is not. i usualy try to ask the seller about multiple items before i buy just to make sure we're on the same page. i've had that happen to me when i first got on ebay. i purchased 4 or 5 items from a guy and he wanted like $30.00 to ship me some small AR-15 parts.
communication is vital to smoothe internet sales. if the seller does not reply to a question before a sale he probably will not after.
my suggestion is to stick him with a negative feedback. that'll teach him...lol.

dunsbr
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dunsbr » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:54 pm

I've bought a couple of things off ILM and been happy with the parts.
Indeed in some cases I have saved quite a few $'s over the dealer price on new parts. (But in other cases his prices are high)
Also, his communication is good which is particularly important to me waaay on the otherside of the planet!
It makes you confident that everything is going OK with the deal.
That's worth a few bucks in shipping to me!
(BTW, the good comms is one of the great things for me about dealing with Action)

Cheers
Brad Dunstan
RHD '87 M1026
(with 4L80E Trans, 242 T/case, 12K hubs, CTIS, A2 wiring, Air Con, A2 ebrake, 9k Winch,
Serpentine Belt Accessory Drive & Eaton e-lockers)

dunsbr
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dunsbr » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:10 pm

BTW, while we are on this sort of subject,
has anyone here delt with or know of "Just4hummin" on ebay?

I bought a 4L80E dipstick and tube off himr a couple of weeks ago.
I sent an email asking himgive me a price to ship it to my buddy in Barstow (No reply).
He then sent me an invoice for surface mail to Australia
As this takes 3 months! :shock: I asked him to give me the airmail shipping price, (no reply again)
Being a good ebayer (and that I got what I hope is a great deal) I've paid the invoice.
I'm wondering if I'm going to be stiffed.....

The sad thing is he has some other stuff I'm interested in but I'm a bit hesitant to bid now.

Just wonderingif anyones bought of him and has a good story to make me feel good.

Cheers
Brad Dunstan
RHD '87 M1026
(with 4L80E Trans, 242 T/case, 12K hubs, CTIS, A2 wiring, Air Con, A2 ebrake, 9k Winch,

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Retired War Horses » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:58 pm

The Complaining must have worked cuz i just bought 2 Tie rod assemblys and they were 15.00 each shipping, When paying it discounted the price by 15.00 so total to ship was 15.00 for both.

Kurt Lesser
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Kurt Lesser » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:43 pm

Where the heck is Humble, Texas???

Al,

if you're so disappointed with the guy, why didn't you leave him negative feedback?
Kurt Lesser
US Navy, 1969-1975
M996A1 Ambulance w/M101A3 Trailer
M274A2 Mule
M151A1 Mutt w/M416B1 Trailer
M890 Crew cab

dunsbr
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dunsbr » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:24 pm

TheHummerguy wrote:The Complaining must have worked cuz i just bought 2 Tie rod assemblys and they were 15.00 each shipping, When paying it discounted the price by 15.00 so total to ship was 15.00 for both.
I just bought 7 tie rod ends, a set of brake pads and an air filter off a contact in CO and the shipping to CA for all that was $12.10.!
The stage coach out of Humble, Texas must be expensive! :D

Cheers
Brad Dunstan
RHD '87 M1026

almonster

Post by almonster » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:18 pm

Kurt, I didn't leave negative feed back because I didn't get the stuff yet.

I just had a "difficult" email exchange like Steve did with them about not bundling stuff together and getting jacked twice for shipping.

I also didn't want to get the dropped kicked special. Dropped an extra few times, and run over by one of them 300lb hot chicks from Texas in hot pink stilettos. ;)

Brad, them coaches from Texas, run on gold wheels.

Al

reverend ontos2
G-Private
G-Private

Re: Warning about buying from ILMINTERPRISE

Post by reverend ontos2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:28 am

Fast forward to 2019: He is a CROOK. Lists KDS boxes for $895.00 and sends BRAND X.
Then argues about NSN's. In addition, says I am stupid and he is a genius on M-998's.

E-Bay had to refund, ILMINTERPRISE kept the $895.00 money and the returned Brand X box.

Protective Control Box HumVee - M998 M-998

wooody1
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Re: Warning about buying from ILMINTERPRISE

Post by wooody1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:28 am

This seller had an Ebay account at least 5 yrs ago, he sold some goods as picture perfect in the ads, only to tell you that the item pictured is not the exact same item re condition in the picture after you purchased the item, you may end up with an item that looks like it was on the titanic!

He then closed his ebay account, shut for around 1-2yrs, it has now been re-birthed.

If you know the sellers to buy from you do not bother with the above seller, all good sellers will combine shipping, or I give them a gentle nudge and direct them to the correct method of shipping, the good sellers will give you a refund back into your account.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”