hmmwv starting/cranking problem

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

hmrbri
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by hmrbri » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:19 pm

i also have a new eess ssi. no troubles and fair bit cheaper than the kds from kascar. it was 250$.
here's the link;
http://stock-number.com/HUMMV-HMMWV-control-box.php
b
'85 M998 converted to M1026
"Back" at 'er!!!

Ozhumvee
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Ozhumvee » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:22 pm

Mine was $100 on ebay, brand new.
Peter James
Sydney, Australia
RHD 1988 M1026
4speed, Aircon and CTIS!
Unfortunately has been sold!

dhaumann69166
G-Private
G-Private
Re: hmmwv starting/cranking problem

Post by dhaumann69166 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:39 am

Did you ever get the problem solved? My 87 Humvee is doing the same thing. It will start fine when it’s cool but around 120° or so and above it won’t start. I have checked and cleaned all the grounds. I have power everywhere I should. When you turn the ignition it puts 24v to the starter solenoid but nothing happens. I have bypassed the PCB just to make sure that’s not the issue and still have the same issue. Could the starter solenoid be the problem? Anyone heard of a starter solenoid becoming heat sensitive with age and use like maybe it’s close to end of its life?

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: hmmwv starting/cranking problem

Post by Action » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 am

dhaumann69166 wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:39 am
Did you ever get the problem solved? My 87 Humvee is doing the same thing. It will start fine when it’s cool but around 120° or so and above it won’t start. I have checked and cleaned all the grounds. I have power everywhere I should. When you turn the ignition it puts 24v to the starter solenoid but nothing happens. I have bypassed the PCB just to make sure that’s not the issue and still have the same issue. Could the starter solenoid be the problem? Anyone heard of a starter solenoid becoming heat sensitive with age and use like maybe it’s close to end of its life?
This post is 17 years old....
Hit the solenoid with a hammer and try again.

Jason

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”