Electrical issues

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

ghiltgen
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Electrical issues

Post by ghiltgen » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:23 am

I’ve gotten good advise from this forum. Advised to replace transmission control relay as tranny light stayed on continuously, solved that. Advised to change volt regulator as voltage on the voltmeter was going high, which I did yesterday and that looked good running in the green after the swap! Last night I took out the instrument panel because the light sockets were rusted to hell and I wanted to replace them, plus everything was sandy and dirty and I wanted to put new gauges in. Did that, now today the only thing that works in the dash are the lights and high beam indicator. Can’t even read voltage as I did yesterday! Tried the old gauge and that doesn’t work either!
The only other thing I did was took the wires off the 2 circuit breakers to check continuity to make sure circuit wasn’t blown because the fan doesn't run and I thought maybe on of those breakers ran the fan. When I made all the connections I did use dielectric grease in the connectors.
Had the battery disconnect when I took out and replaced the instrument panel.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Greg
ghiltgen
1943 MB SN 226406
Veteran Award, Motorpool Class 2021
GPW 127386
1948 CJ2A
MVPA member 36543

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Electrical issues