Rocker panel area armor

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

ohiohmmwv
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Rocker panel area armor

Post by ohiohmmwv » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:09 am

Should the longer horizontal armor at the bottom area of the rocker panels line up with the bottom of the body? I know there’s a bit of slop when installing this armor but just looking for a reference point if there is one to go off at this area.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Rocker panel area armor

Post by Action » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:06 pm

ohiohmmwv wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:09 am
Should the longer horizontal armor at the bottom area of the rocker panels line up with the bottom of the body? I know there’s a bit of slop when installing this armor but just looking for a reference point if there is one to go off at this area.
I can give you a pretty close measurement of the hole centers from the bottom of the rocker panel, if that would help any. I measured a factory tub before I drilled my holes.

Jason

ohiohmmwv
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by ohiohmmwv » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Sure. If you have them that would be great.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 am

It looks like 1.65" from bottom of rocker up to center of holes. Don't quote me. My caliper won't reach the rocker with 1/2" thick armor.

I was lucky and have a set of the composite armor. I installed the steel a-pillar armor, then held the cowl armor up and drilled holes. Then removed all that and installed the composite front 1/2 with existing holes. That showed me where to drill the bottom 3 a-pillar holes and the front underbody holes. Then I removed that and installed the long steel rocker armor. With all the front holes lined up, I drilled all the rear holes.

I know none of that info will help unless you have the composite fronts.

If you have the a-pillar holes, the 3 lower holes are in the same line. You could bolt the thin inner a-pillar brace on the outside and use that as a template for the bottom 3 holes.

At the very rear, the top of my rocker armor is flush with the top of the body rocker panel.....right at the gap between fender and rocker . I can't measure much without taking armor off.

Jason

ohiohmmwv
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by ohiohmmwv » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 am

Thanks Jason. That helps.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”