Adapting Humvee wheels to a Jeep

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

RockHillWill
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Adapting Humvee wheels to a Jeep

Post by RockHillWill » Fri May 31, 2019 4:33 am

I have been contacted by some one in a nearby town to try and mount a set of Humvee wheels to a late model Jeep (Do not know year at this time).

Any suggestions, help? some thing similar to this on Ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... s&_sacat=0

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: Adapting Humvee wheels to a Jeep

Post by W. Winget » Fri May 31, 2019 6:01 am

A rim of the appropriate tire dimension will be much stronger (and simpler) than an adapter plate. If they are dead set on the Combat rim 'style' then your kind of locked into an adapter, or changing the hub out (which may still be a possibility, but axle shafts and bearing sizes become a bear for cross referencing.)
I'd ask them to narrow down what they are looking for before spending a lot of time on it.

Do they want Combat Rims or the impressive and available aggressive tires.

A set of rims for the jeep sized for the Humvee tire size can likely be sourced for less than cutting two adapters with studs and nuts associated for them. (and be safer/tougher/better balance and runout)

Also the unsprung weight of a Combat rim adds a lot of toll to a suspension and power steering gear if it's not designed to support /turn it.
V/R W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

DockRocker
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by DockRocker » Fri May 31, 2019 6:05 am

Call trail Trailworthy Fab. They referb and re-center hmmwv wheels to different bolt patterns and sell the appropriate piece to get ride of the run flat and still allow a real bead lock. Plus you can get a nifty rock ring added.

Beware they are going to make your jeep feel like you are carrying a boat anchor. They weigh a LOT more than a normal jeep wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockHillWill

Post by RockHillWill » Fri May 31, 2019 5:37 pm

I understand and appreciate the info guys. I will advise this gentleman of this info. The Trail Fab info was very interesting.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”