Titling a m1097r1 in Washington State

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Jerretbotch
G-Private
G-Private

Titling a m1097r1 in Washington State

Post by Jerretbotch » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:51 pm

Sorry if this is redundant or a topic that's been beat to death, but...
I just bought a m1097r1 in Wa and they sent me a clean SF-97. Nothing on the SF to indicate "Off Road Use Only". One DMV flat denied me on road titleship. The other asked me to photograph my data plate and then offered the off road plates, stating that the SF-97 and my data plate did not contain verbiage that my make/model passes fed highway safety standards. They even said that with the right data plate this particular DMV would have to request approval from "headquarters" in Olympia. I know of people getting on road plates, even recently. I'm lookin for as much info as I can to help get past this. Thanks for your collective knowledge.

Urban Camo
G-Captain
G-Captain

Re: Titling a m1097r1 in Washington State

Post by Urban Camo » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:04 pm

I have no real helpful info for you.
I suggest you also join Steel Soldiers.
They have a good HMMWV section.
You may find others in your boat that have found their way around the wall you face.
It's going to be more then you expected.
You're not the first to buy one before you do your homework.
Good luck I would suggest asking the people you know of who have recently jumped through the Firey hoop.
If they are local to you then they have found the loophole you need to also jump through.
UC
Last edited by Urban Camo on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerretbotch
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Jerretbotch » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:36 am

Thank you UC.

Retired War Horses
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Retired War Horses » Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:22 am

Jerretbotch wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:51 pm
Sorry if this is redundant or a topic that's been beat to death, but...
I just bought a m1097r1 in Wa and they sent me a clean SF-97. Nothing on the SF to indicate "Off Road Use Only". One DMV flat denied me on road titleship. The other asked me to photograph my data plate and then offered the off road plates, stating that the SF-97 and my data plate did not contain verbiage that my make/model passes fed highway safety standards. They even said that with the right data plate this particular DMV would have to request approval from "headquarters" in Olympia. I know of people getting on road plates, even recently. I'm lookin for as much info as I can to help get past this. Thanks for your collective knowledge.
They are using the California playbook it looks like….
Retired War Horses Restoration

Call us for all your HMMWV parts, service, upgrades and conversion needs.

82BA29
G-Civilian

Post by 82BA29 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:42 pm

Hi Jarret,
Hopefully You got things done and this post is not useful, as well as very late. In My case, I made sure mine was titled outside Washington and then brought the title to my (Eastern Wa) DMV. I half wonder if it's easier on the East side, and gets harder the closer You get to the coast, (Dare I say politics?) Did You find a way to get through the Olympic Road Blocks?

Edmund

Jerretbotch
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Jerretbotch » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:46 pm

Hello Edmond, Yes I just received my title in the mail today. A little persistence and perseverance was what it took.

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”