G Wagon LUVW

1985 - Present, Questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the Humvee. (NO AUCTION or EBAY)

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

ohiohmmwv
G-Major
G-Major

G Wagon LUVW

Post by ohiohmmwv » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 am

I know it’s a hmmwv forum but was wondering if anyone out there knew much about these or know if they’re auctioned off anywhere. Any forums dedicated to them? Canada used them but originate from Germany.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi ... -wagen.jpg

mak
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: G Wagon LUVW

Post by mak » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:30 am

These folks have the contract to sell the army G Wagons in Germany. I think I saw a bunch being auctioned last week but was not paying attention sorry.None listed right now but you can " vebeg g wagon" Google image search and some that sold already come up
There are a bunch of folks in the UK and Europe that would probably be up for trading U.S Humvee stuff and working with you maybe https://www.vebeg.de/web/de/verkauf/suc ... SHOW_LOS=1

AAVP7
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by AAVP7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:57 am

Vebeg is even state-owned and sells all kinds of surplus from our armed forces, police, rescue services, etc..

Most G-wagons I´ve seen there were sold for a reason, they either had an accident, or had been used as a parts donor for other vehicles. Also, G-wagons usually need an export license when sold abroad (unlike Govplanet, Vebeg also allows bidders from out of the country), so you might want to inquire about export before you bid.
There are numerous dealers also competing for these vehicles, so prices (in my mind) are rather high.

Don´t compare the german army G-wagons with those luxury Mercedes G-class SUVs. The army ones usually have the smallest engine (72 horsepower), and are rather slow. They are VERY capable off-road vehicles however, usually with three manual diff locks and selectable 2WD/4WD.
Arnd

1985 USMC M998 Four-Door
1986 Army M998 Two-Door
1987 M997 Maxi Ambulance top
1999 USMC M1045A2
2009 M1101 Trailer

STUDENT-DRIVER
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by STUDENT-DRIVER » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:29 pm

It‘s also a hidden bid as far as I know of you set your max and if it‘s above the other bids and above the min bid limit you got to pay that max bid price.
Only bought there once or twice in the past.
You can see the auction results here:
https://www.vebeg.de/web/de/verkauf/zuschlagspreise.htm

search for "Mercedes 250 GD"

In advance search you can search for the lot number. It‘s common that there is no picture or not really a detail description.
It‘s better to pay some one to go there and check you the vehicle…
I break it, I fix it!

http://youtube.com/user/STUDENTDRIVER123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Playmate of the month April 2011 (HUMMER CAL.)

Maddogz
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Maddogz » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:19 pm

A Canadian one went up surplus in 2015. "Apparently " It went for a swim and was decided it was to costly to fix. Highest bid was 13k CDN, the military reneged and took it back. The military is stripping and cutting them up for now. I guess it is the deal made with Mercedes but I'm not to sure there since some of the army reserve ones have no armor. Anyways, I would bet these will start being sold off in 2024+ since they will be 20 years old then( they surplused around 60 m113a2 and A3s (Tlavs) last year) Use to see some Scandinavian countries with them in afghanistan, they looked funny with the .50 on them. I've been in a few and more comfortable then any humvee or defender but I would not want to be engaged in one. Canada only used them for 2 years in Afghanistan I believe, because the armored G wagen was way to vulnerable. Look at it this way, the G wagen last 2 years, humvee lasted 12.

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 pm

AAVP7 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:57 am
Vebeg is even state-owned and sells all kinds of surplus from our armed forces, police, rescue services, etc..

Most G-wagons I´ve seen there were sold for a reason, they either had an accident, or had been used as a parts donor for other vehicles. Also, G-wagons usually need an export license when sold abroad (unlike Govplanet, Vebeg also allows bidders from out of the country), so you might want to inquire about export before you bid.
There are numerous dealers also competing for these vehicles, so prices (in my mind) are rather high.

Don´t compare the german army G-wagons with those luxury Mercedes G-class SUVs. The army ones usually have the smallest engine (72 horsepower), and are rather slow. They are VERY capable off-road vehicles however, usually with three manual diff locks and selectable 2WD/4WD.
I thought govplanet DOES allow foreign bidders. at govplanet.eu .

AAVP7
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by AAVP7 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:27 am

Yes, but at govplanet.eu, I´ve only seen lame things like civilian trucks being auctioned off.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the good stuff (LMTVs, Growlers, Humvees, etc.) is only sold via govplanet.com.

There were rumors some years ago that govpanet.eu was about to start sell Humvees directly from european locations( to save Uncle Sam the transport back to the U.S.), but seems that never became reality.
Arnd

1985 USMC M998 Four-Door
1986 Army M998 Two-Door
1987 M997 Maxi Ambulance top
1999 USMC M1045A2
2009 M1101 Trailer

Return to “Humvee Technical Knowledge Base -”