Would you attend?

Information for new members, and moderators
DesertRick
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major
Would you attend?

Post by DesertRick » Tue May 02, 2023 2:41 pm

Right now just looking for general interest. I'm a volunteer at the MDHCA in Goffs, CA (45 min west of Needles, CA) and we may be looking to expand hosting new groups there. This is deep in WWII Desert Training Center country. In fact, Goffs was a RR siding for supplies for the camps, etc. It had 3 or 4 campsites in the area. There's 3 divisional camps (Ibis, Clipper and Essex) within 30 minutes of there. If they hosted a get together, would you be likely to attend with your equipment for a 2 or 3 day weekend? As I've explored the area pretty much, there could be trips to/thru the camps and ranges, both walking and driving. Presentations could be made. Small artillery might be able to be shot (blanks) as it's basically in the middle of nowhere, but don't hold me to that. The museum grounds has plenty of open space for RV's, tents, etc. Probably no hookups as those few sites would be for the museum volunteers. There's also a large cooking/eating area. I'm thinking either the museum puts on a feed, or perhaps a club does. Then there's sites from the 1964 Exercise Desert Strike to visit and lots of dirt roads to mines, etc. Just kinda spitballing here. What would you like to see or do? Any other ideas? Swap meet?

Thanks!

Rick

m37-man
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Would you attend?

Post by m37-man » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:03 pm

The Southern California club used to do fairly regular trail rides to the DTC sites but the initiative has faded out over the years. I would suggest you come to the Fall SCMVCC Meet at Bonita Ranch Campground to discuss and gauge interest at the club meeting Sept. 27th-Oct. 1st. I think the club meeting is on Saturday morning. Website is WWW.SCMVCC.COM but looks like it needs a bit of updating.
M37-Man, discriminating collector of all terrain vehicles:
'43 Ford GPW
'45 Willys MB
'73 Jeep Commando
'78 & '85 Jeep CJ7s
'83 Jeep Scrambler
Herd of '66 BMY M274A2 Mules

Mike McCrea
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Would you attend?

Post by Mike McCrea » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:41 pm