Petaluma Veteran's Day Parade 2022 Recap

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Petaluma Veteran's Day Parade 2022 Recap

Post by John Neuenburg » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:33 am

The Petaluma Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 11 was very well attended by spectators and MV owners. 35 were in our group at the tail of the parade and a few other MVs were farther forward as separate entries. Scott is probably going to write about it in his December article and post some pics. Here are a couple I took.

Click image for staging area partial view:
Staging from hill 1- 50%.jpg
Click click image for (L-R) Gary Hurwitz, Scott Rohrs, Matt Parry, Pete Woodward:
Hurwitz, Rohrs, Parry, Woodward 25%.jpg
For those who might have been there on the sidelines or among the first group of jeeps, you might have heard the several announcers announce us as a U.S. Second Cavalry WW2 living history group. This was because the lead jeep in our group was actually a separate entry with a different windshield number. He was the reenactor, an entry of one jeep. I was right behind him in my jeep and could hear the PA system, as were a line of jeeps driven by MVCC and North Bay MVC members, ahead Matt Parry's Dodge which carried our entry number.

This is a great parade because of the typically large MV turnout, plus it's an all day thing for some. A group meets for breakfast down the street at 1000, goes to our staging area at the Veteran's Memorial Auditorium for tire kicking, then the parage at 1300 which for us starts later, then back to the vet's hall for free hot dogs, chili with the vets and more socializing. Good times. If you have never been, mark your 2023 calendar and bring your MV on November 11.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Return to “MVCC”