MV Display, camping, Petaluma 10/1/22 Hot Rod and Motorcycle Show, BBQ, Entertainment

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

MV Display, camping, Petaluma 10/1/22 Hot Rod and Motorcycle Show, BBQ, Entertainment

Post by John Neuenburg » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:53 pm

We have been invited to display MVs and military displays at the annual Chilly Billy Fun Run & BBQ on Saturday Oct. 1, 2022 at the Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds & Event Center. 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. This is fun, fundraising event put on by the Rip City Riders, a local motorcycle club and benevolent association. This year's show benefits the Polly Klaas Foundation, a national organization dedicated to returning abducted children, that is based in Petaluma.

This is a hot rod-style car show, morning motorcycle ride where they come back to the fairgrounds that morning (so we can hear them and see the owners), a motorcycle display, BBQ lunch, vendors, and live music entertainment at the fairgrounds Main Stage. It is a large event with free public admission. The Rip City Riders is a patriotic social touring group, Harley-Davidson and Indian motorcycle oriented.

They will feature our historic military vehicles and are encouraging military living history group displays, tents, machine gun and mortar pits, uniforms, etc. Fairgrounds rules prohibit live firearms. The MVCC, Sonoma County Military Vehicle Club, living historians, reenactors, and military museums have been given the highest visibility location on dry grass right in the center of their event, by the race track grandstands. Camping there is authorized for Friday and/or Saturday evening. Participants will receive a free lunch voucher. Petaluma offers many restaurants and bars especially in the historic downtown area. Residents love historic MVs based on the welcome we get every Veteran's Day Parade.

There are rumors we might have a military tank there, and possibly one of the restored UH-1H Huey helicopters that we have seen before.

Regarding the show I will be our POC. If you can make it, please let me know what you will bring so I can plan the space. There are a few electrical hookups for campers in our display area and in the trailer parking area. BEST TO HAVE THE MAP WITH YOU WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

At the show if I am not around and you need help, call Leon at 415-457-7565.

Ideally arrive before 9 a.m. Saturday, or after 3 pm Friday.

Let's support this event so it can become an annual gathering for historic military vehicle and history fans.

Click on these attachments to expand them:
Chilly Billy 2022_POSTER_jpg.jpg
Chilly Billy map 2022.jpg
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Re: MV Display, camping, Petaluma 10/1/22 Hot Rod and Motorcycle Show, BBQ, Entertainment

Post by John Neuenburg » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:29 am

I added another contact name to the original post in case I am not around and you need information, like how to get your free lunch. This is for folks who bring military-related displays of course. Leon is an old friend, I met him prior to the first Wings of Victory Air Show in Novato. He was the one who pitched the Army to do it at Hamilton Field. A fellow traveler.

By now you should know if you will be attending and with what. Please let me know via an email or PM or call me at four one 5 ate IV 7 too ait ohh 1. Leave message if I don't pick up.

Unless you read otherwise here, enter Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds at their main entrance on Washington Street. This is a short distance west of 101, on the left. Pass the car show part of it and the military field is on that main road on the left side by the racetrack grandstand building. Top location. Set up where you want unless directed by someone. To unload a trailer or park a RV or travel trailer for overnighting, continue down that road until it ends and park, unload there.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Return to “MVCC”