Normandy

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Sailorman
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Normandy

Post by Sailorman » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:21 pm

Can someone tell me if there are any Jeep rentals in the Normandy area of France? I’d rather just rent the MB/GPW and drive it myself for a few days(self-guided), if anyone does that Over There. If I can’t do that I’d like the names of Jeep tours that you’re aware of. See you at Plymouth. Thanks, C.J., ‘42 Slatty

Mitch Olson
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: Normandy

Post by Mitch Olson » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:12 am

Been years since I was in Normandy (2004) I have never heard of anyone over there renting their jeeps out. I guess you might stumble across a private owner who might do that?

Mitch
'Jeepless' In Kalifornia

I am not a Complete Idiot, I am just like a jeep...some parts are missing!

YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Normandy

Post by YLG80 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:47 am

Sailorman wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:21 pm
Can someone tell me if there are any Jeep rentals in the Normandy area of France? I’d rather just rent the MB/GPW and drive it myself for a few days(self-guided), if anyone does that Over There. If I can’t do that I’d like the names of Jeep tours that you’re aware of. See you at Plymouth. Thanks, C.J., ‘42 Slatty
Perhaps here with or without driver in Falaise.
https://www.cast-things.com/louer-tourn ... -1942.html

Description

With or without a driver, rental of this magnificent 1942 Jeep Willys, fully restored.

Original engine refurbished, military markings consistent with the era, odometer, no compromise on this vehicle. Ditto on the side of the accessories: shovel, pickaxe, first aid kit, haversack and jerry can are all original.

The Jeep can be used covered (see photo), or with the top down.
Vehicle available in the Basse-Normandie region by its own means, or all of France if moved on a plateau.

Yves
Ford GPW 1943 - Louisville - DoD 12-7-43
serial 164794

Return to “MVCC”