who's jeep got smashed?

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

KimS
G-Private
G-Private

Post by KimS » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:57 pm

This happened at Tower Park, the last Sunday of the MVCC campout. No injuries or even major damage. It was NOT a major high speed traffic rollover / wipe out. Just kinda, at a very slow speed, rolled off the edge of the ramp onto the bushes, over by the store. The windshield was the only thing needing to be replaced. I'm not the M38A1 owner, I just helped in the uprighting. It was fixed by and at the Casa De Fruita gathering and you would never know it was rolled. Owners name withheld.

softskin_driver
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

rolled over easy

Post by softskin_driver » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:31 pm

Hi Ron it was Chris Jorgenson's (sics) son and a friend. they slow rolled the old M38A1 no one was hurt just a little bumped and bruised.
Chris's Jeep is fine and I think the boys learned a lesson the old fashion way.
Looked like they dropped a wheel off the edge and steered toward the high side and just laid it over on the side.
You ever seen a dog drop its front shoulder down to roll on its side to scratch its back on the lawn kinda like that.
Always steer downhill on a side hill or sharp drop off.
Had a close friend killed in a land cruiser when he rolled it failing to reach the crest of a steep climb and instead of backing down the hill he tried to do a side hill Y turn.
Dave Ball
MVCC, President, Editor
MVPA 9377
http://www.mvccnews.net
1942 USA Dodge WC-24
1942 USN Dodge WC-56

Kurt Lesser
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

M38A1 rollover

Post by Kurt Lesser » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:21 am

Chris had this same jeep at Casa de Fruta this summer back in full repair and looking good.

When we were at Tower Park, Kevin Kimma and I took our HMMWVs up to the rollover and started the recovery until the park manager paniced and told us to stop until the local fire department arrived. When they got there their comment was, "looks like you guys know what your doing". We pulled the jeep out and inspected the damage.

This is the second time I've seen an M31 pedestal act as a rollbar in a jeep protecting the occupants. The first time was at Patterson years ago.
Kurt Lesser
US Navy, 1969-1975
M996A1 Ambulance w/M101A3 Trailer
M274A2 Mule
M151A1 Mutt w/M416B1 Trailer
M890 Crew cab

Return to “MVCC”