MVCC Camp Plymouth April, 2019

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

mamalesser
Sergeant Major of the Gee

MVCC Camp Plymouth April, 2019

Post by mamalesser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:39 am

Mark your calendars! April 16 thru April 20,, 2019

Anyone wishing to attend MUST be pre-registered. Simply send e-mail to mvcccampmistress@yahoo.com with wants and needs. We have two venues for this event. 49'er RV Resort and right next door the Amador County Fairgrounds. If RV-ing please include length of vehicle/truck/trailer, day of arrival and phone contact. There are discounted camping rates for MVCC members but all are invited!

Jo-Ann Lesser
"First Lady"
Military Vehicle Collectors
of California

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: MVCC Camp Plymouth April, 2019

Post by Chuck Lutz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:37 am

FYI....I called the 49er this week to put down my deposit and they asked for all four nights up front. The lady explained that it would make the check-in go much FASTER if they only had to hand out a packet rather than to start running credit cards, etc. and slow down the whole process.

Seems like it was a positive idea to me...
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
GPW 108552 4/17/43 Louisville, KY. USA 20371278 (DOD est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3 4582 10/29/42 USA 0173499 (est.)

mamalesser

Post by mamalesser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks, Chuck....we aim to please, well...we try anyway.
"First Lady"
of California

wc56daveyboy
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by wc56daveyboy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:40 pm

What town is this and dates ?

I'm
Thinking the wife and I may be in the area around that time

mamalesser

Post by mamalesser » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks for getting in touch. We will be there the week of April 16 thru Saturday April 20, 2019 Most of our members show up on Wednesday April 17. Biggest day is Thursday April 18. 49'er RV Resort, HWY 49, Plymouth,, CA
Jo-Ann Lesser
"First Lady"
of California

Ken Perkins
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Ken Perkins » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:07 pm

is this the formal notice that its time to pay reg. fees ..?
1951 M38 #22936
1951 M100 DUNBAR
MVPA #11788
MVCC

zepher11
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by zepher11 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:41 pm

wc56daveyboy wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:40 pm
What town is this and dates ?

I'm
Thinking the wife and I may be in the area around that time
You'll want to be in the area around that time as you would really really enjoy it. We'll be there and you and your wife are more than welcome to hang out. Let us know if you can make it.
Zeph

'42 Script GPW Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

'41 Dodge WC16 Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

mamalesser

Post by mamalesser » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:53 am

Yes, it is time for all that have pre registered to get there deposits in to the 49’er Resort. 209245.6981. Also time to send payment if you are pre registered at the Amador Fairgrounds. Fairgrounds sites need to be paid in full prior to arrival. Send check to MVCC Treasurer, 850 Elm Street, Gustine, CA. 95322
"First Lady"
of California

vwsf
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by vwsf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:51 am

Went to Plymouth to check things out..
RV Park is VERY nice !! Flat, lots of trees, ponds..
Wonderful old Gold Rush towns nearby. Sutter city is awesome, and Columbia state park is a step back in time.
Warning though, your app to spend a lot of time in these towns, so much to see
Great Job in choosing a location!!
Let the fun begin !!
Tom Furrer
Northern Calif

PS Joanna is wonderful in helping get the right campsite !! Thank You

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm

Just a summary and clarification about reservations, at least as I understand it all.....

For camping at the 49er RV Village OR at the Amador County Fairgrounds across the fence, you have to contact Jo-Ann. 49er is for RV/travel trailer/pickup camper shell camping, not tents except display-only tents. Tent camping will only be at the fairgrounds, and we are calling that village the Tent Sector. There are layout maps in the recent MVCC News and soon will be up on www.mvccnews.net for non-members to view. It will be nice to look at a map when you talk to her about choosing a site or area of the facility.

For the RV park, you will be on her list with a site number. Periodically she sends updated lists to the 49er office. She will tell you when you can contact them to put a one-night deposit down. Balance paid upon arrival unless you want to pay all in advance. The office staff does not accept reservations for our event unless the person is on that list. MVCC members receive a discounted rate at the 49er RV Resort and I believe she indicates on her list who is a member and should be charged the lower rate. 4 night minimum there. Tell your non-member friends the $25/year electronic membership or the regular $35 membership where they will get printed, mailed newsletters will be more than paid for because of the camping discount. Also they will get inside info in the newsletter. A member app is on the website. We are on anniversary date terms now, not calendar year.

People also go through her for tent camping in the Tent Sector at the fairgrounds across the fence. This is mostly a dry camping situation with no shade or tables. Grassy sites likely, 20'x30' for $25. Some water and power sites for $35 but these are reserved I believe. No minimum nights and no MVCC discount here. You will pay the full amount to the MVCC and the club will cut one rent check to Amador Co. Fairgrounds. I heard Jo-Ann does not place you on a specific site in the Tent Sector but the map event POC Dave Porter drew shows numbers and you can contact him to reserve one or more.

The large visitor parking lot is at the fairgrounds. There is a handy pedestrian path between the two areas. Both will feature the usual swap meet/MV display environment. No visitor admission or parking fee. For the first time in decades we have basically no limit to visitors. Pass the word! MVs can be driven back and forth via the main gates, OK to drive around the RV park, and parts can be picked up and delivered easily with your civvy pickup or car. Just no visitor parking in the RV park and the Tent Sector proper. There is an arena at the fairgrounds where we will have our two MV showcases on Friday. The 49er store, café, rec hall, pools, etc are of course at the 49er RV Village, which is attractive, shady, and maintained to a higher standard than Tower Park.

Official event info will be on www.MVCCNews.net in the calendar area, in the MVCC newsletter, on the Events forum here on the G, and a similar forum on www.SteelSoldiers.com. We know some non-members also visit this MVCC forum for news and it is probably the best place for questions to the club, event POCs, and chatter.
1942 Ford GPW SAS Replica
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles

Return to “MVCC”