Glen Ghilotti Died

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Glen Ghilotti Died

Post by John Neuenburg » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:37 am

It is with great sadness that I report the unexpected death of Glen Ghilotti last weekend. He was 58. Glen was the founder of Team Ghilotti of Petaluma, a general engineering contractor. Glen was well known as a collector of vintage Caterpillar tractors, antique and classic trucks, and more recently the three military tanks - M47, M41, M22 - that we have seen at Tower Park and at the 2016 MVPA Convention. It was Glen who transported Joe Garbarino's vehicles to that show. He was taking a break from a heavy workload doing cleanup in Santa Rosa after the fires, on a hobby-related road trip to Georgia. He apparently died in his sleep at a hotel. Here is an article in the Marin Independent Journal this morning:

http://www.marinij.com/general-news/201 ... dies-at-58

Here is a conversation about Glen's passing on the Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club message forum:

http://acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?29578-Glen-Ghilotti

Glen was a hard charger in business and in hobbies. You will read about some of the interesting things he was doing in Petaluma. He was a very giving person who would go out of his way to help a fellow hobbyist. He made a special trip to San Rafael with his Peterbilt/Landoll rig to pick up my M20 take to the Father's Day Show & Shine car show in Santa Rosa. The Northern California Engineering Contracting Association is a sponsor of that annual show and Glen was involved. It was fun riding up and back in the big truck.

The day before the convention, two of Glens drivers were transporting some vehicles and they detoured to Sonoma to pick up my M20. The thing wouldn't start and couldn't be loaded. I didn't have a backup plan to get it to Pleasanton and I had to get down there to focus on the show, so I assumed it wouldn't make it. On Thursday afternoon Glen walked up and said, "We gonna get your tank?" Well, he talked me into going to Sonoma to load it and he made the round trip that late afternoon in his big truck (I asked Dave for permission to be off site for a couple hours). Turned out it was a bad starter solenoid, so the starter could be jumped. This is an example of what some of those Caterpillar guys were talking about on their forum.

Very sad. Big loss.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Kurt Lesser
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Glen Ghilotti Died

Post by Kurt Lesser » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm

I have the sad news to report that Mac McCluskey has also passed away. Mac passed away Friday evening 4/13.
Kurt Lesser
US Navy, 1969-1975
M996A1 Ambulance w/M101A3 Trailer
M274A2 Mule
M151A1 Mutt w/M416B1 Trailer
M890 Crew cab

Return to “MVCC”