Well done GI

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Sailorman
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Well done GI

Post by Sailorman » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:47 pm

Wanted to thank Ray for his wonderful article on WW2 Reenacting in this month’s Newsletter. When I joined the MVCC I had been reenacting for several years before acquiring Nellybelle, my Slattie. I made it a point to come to club activities in full field gear/weapons and many members would ask where they could buy uniforms, equipment, weapons, etc. I am gratified to see many more members getting into the ‘spirit’ of historical reenacting. To echo Ray, come join us in the fun! See everyone at Camp Plymouth!🇺🇸👍🪖

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Re: Well done GI

Post by John Neuenburg » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:07 pm

Sailorman wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:47 pm
Wanted to thank Ray for his wonderful article on WW2 Reenacting in this month’s Newsletter. When I joined the MVCC I had been reenacting for several years before acquiring Nellybelle, my Slattie. I made it a point to come to club activities in full field gear/weapons and many members would ask where they could buy uniforms, equipment, weapons, etc. I am gratified to see many more members getting into the ‘spirit’ of historical reenacting. To echo Ray, come join us in the fun! See everyone at Camp Plymouth!🇺🇸👍🪖
Thanks to you and others who are "living mannequins" at these events. Many uniform collectors and living historians attend them, and they should know they are welcome to dress up. Or down. These events are good places to shop for uniform items and other militaria. It's not just about MVs and parts.

Many times in the past we designated Friday as "Uniform Day." But any day is "Uniform Day" at the Camp Plymouth Military Vehicle Show & Swap Meet.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Sailorman
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Well done GI

Post by Sailorman » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:50 pm