MVCC Sit-Rep - Plymouth

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Club Forum.

Moderator: John Neuenburg

Kurt Lesser
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: MVCC Sit-Rep - Plymouth

Post by Kurt Lesser » Tue May 07, 2019 9:16 am

At the April meet the MVCC Board voted to make JoAnn a full board member rather than an appointee to the board. This means that she will be doing the reservations for our meets until she steps down. As John says, everyone who had a reservation at the April meet will keep that reservation next year unless they notify JoAnn that they will not be able to make the meet or have decided to give up the space.

There is definitely a shortage of cabins at the 49er and there is a waiting list for them. If you want to be considered for a cabin please email JoAnn and let her know what you would like. Email makes it easier to keep track of rather than just a phone call. A very good alternative to the cabins are local RV and trailer rentals. We had several members take advantage of these services this year and everything I've heard indicates they worked out well.

When the final decision as to where our Fall meet will be is made we will post that in the Newsletter, on the MVCC Website, and here on the "G". Right now the reservation system hasn't been set up but that will happen as soon as we know the meet details.
Kurt Lesser
US Navy, 1969-1975
M996A1 Ambulance w/M101A3 Trailer
M274A2 Mule
M151A1 Mutt w/M416B1 Trailer
M890 Crew cab

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Mon May 13, 2019 3:13 pm

timsresort wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:58 pm
Overall, very pleased with the event, the layout, the RV resort, and the organizers. Our Dodge Boys area at the entrance was a little congested, but we had a bunch of MV's, and parking was tight, but it worked. In the first 2 cabins we had 3 command cars, a MB, a mule, a Ben Hur and an MBT. I was kind of hoping the resort would let us park in some of their spots across from the office, but no. I was glad we rented the RV spot behind the cabins for selling and display. Since we were in view of the office window, I figure if we got out of this meet without the staff having a problem with everything, I mean something we did, we're in good shape.
Tim, you guys laid out a great display for folks entering the main RV Village driveway. Well done! Thanks for bringing all that hardware!
1942 Ford GPW SAS Replica
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles

mvpile
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by mvpile » Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 pm

First off I have to say we were very happy with our Spring meet experience. Zero complaints. This year we decided to bring our cabover camper with the Rokon Trail breaker on the front bumper and flat tow our M38A1 from Oregon. We were told last year that we couldn’t camp in out in our 28’ race car trailer. Is that correct? I noticed that a few groups were staying in car trailers. Is the ban only for tents or and are trailers allowed? I can fit more stuff in the trailer and skip the camper if it’s allowed.

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Thu May 23, 2019 12:02 am

I hope the 2020 rules in the RV village will favor the widest variety of camping equipment types that encourage bringing MVs, because it is a MV event. That relates to enclosed car hauler trailers and deuce/5 tons. Officially the 49er allowed RVs, travel trailers, toy haulers with living quarters, tent trailers, pickups with campers including hard camper shells. The latter has no kitchen or toilet which is not different than an enclosed car hauler but that is not called a camper. Gray area? And there are the deuce and 5 ton folks who like to sleep in those. Not allowed because of the canvas bed cover.

Hopefully our organizers will lobby for the 49er loosely enforcing their rules. The more of our people they can accommodate, the more revenue for them. But they may want exact rules. Formally requiring a kitchen unit and bed could eliminate camper shells and some pop-up trailers. Not good. But if I owned an enclosed car hauler or deuce/5 ton, I'd be thinking about rigging up a kitchen and bunk setup in case that is required if camping in the RV Village. Of course the fairgrounds camp area is an option.
1942 Ford GPW SAS Replica
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles

Return to “MVCC”