Searching for my Fathers/Grandfathers Truck

Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Oregon Club Forum.

Moderator: Steve Greenberg

Wolfen
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Searching for my Fathers/Grandfathers Truck

Post by Wolfen » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Does anyone know of some way to search DMV Records by Model Year? I am trying to find out who owns a 1947 Dodge Truck that was owned my my Father and Grandfather. I looked at the DMV Website, and it does not appear to be possible for a Individual to do this. I am attempting to locate a 1947 Dodge Truck that my Father sold a number of years ago. I Contacted the Person that my Father sold it to. Unfortunately, he had sold the Truck to a Collector for Cash at a Swap Meet in Brooks Oregon. Since the Transaction was for Cash, I do not know the Collectors name. The Truck, was Purchased by my Grandfather and was Inherited by my Father. Both my Father, and Grandfather used the Truck on the Farm. I would like to find the Truck and Purchase it to get it back in the Family. Just to be clear, I am talking about a 2 Ton Truck not a Pickup. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. If I could get the Truck, I would like to Restore it. I do not have any Information besides the Model Year and the Manufacture. I do not have a VIN or Plate Number.

wizigig
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Re: Searching for my Fathers/Grandfathers Truck

Post by wizigig » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Considering that it was in your family so long, have you checked family photo albums? You might be able to get a plate number. Just a thought.

Gordon_M
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Location: central and north east Scotland, depending on the day

Post by Gordon_M » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 am

If it is a '47 Dodge, many of the collectors are on the 39-47 Dodge Truck Group on Yahoo.

A 2 ton truck is relatively rare, but there were a load of uprated 1.5 tons, whelbase variations, that sort of stuff. Find the Yahoo Group and post an image there.

Gordon
Gordon

1941 Highway Trailer K-38
1944 Iron Fireman T-36 Snow Tractor
1986 Nolan Road/Rail trailer

Wolfen

Post by Wolfen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:26 am

Thanks for the Ideas. I'm not sure what the load Rating was. It was a single Rear Axel with Dual Wheels. My Grandfather, used it to Haul Logs, A Bulldozer, and various Agricultural Products. I'll have to see if I can find any old family Pictures of it. Its last known Location, was at a Swap Meet at Brooks Oregon where the guy my Dad sold it to, sold it to a Collector for Cash.

G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by 1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Every August there is a truck show at Antique Powerland in Brooks. This is probably the same location that the truck changed hands. You might try attending the truck show and asking around. You might even see it there.

Wolfen

Post by Wolfen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 am

That's a good Idea.

Return to “MVCCO”