Coming Home

Southern Oregon Military Vehicle Collectors Club Forum.

Moderator: Bulldog58

medicmike
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Coming Home

Post by medicmike » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:59 am

Hey guys!
Well the move up here hasn't worked the way we thought it would. The wife absolutly hates it, has been one disater after another (started with the boat sinking and just kind of went from there) I have been having trouble finding a decent job so we are planning to move back south, summer at the latest and sooner if I can find work. Anyone know of any decent places hiring down there that might be interested in a tired medic?

The Fireman
U.S.M.C. Veteran
U.S.M.C. Veteran

Jobs ????

Post by The Fireman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:16 am

Yo Mike,

Well, things are going to get real tough around here. Both Jackson and Josephine Co. are gunna be in a world of you know what. Our counties that have been using the O & C funds are all in big trouble. You may want to look around up north, there may not be much here. Lay offs are predicted big time, and no money will be here. They are talking about Levy's, sales tax and who knows what else. It looks as though it is gunna get bad, real bad. You might want to look down in Commiefornia also, they maybe hiring there.

Good luck,

Frank
The Fireman
NRG

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Mike, :D There is a big market for BLUE tarps and concrete blocks for to put the old car in the front yard. Mexican Flags seem to be a local favorite too.
See ya leave for a little while and what happens
BTW did you hear that Kodak was sold to some Canadian outfit
There is always Misery flites(Ya gotta have an Ace in the hole)-----Joe

medicmike
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by medicmike » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:28 am

Was just down for some job interviews. JKust as many tarps and Mexican flags as when I left....the valley hasn't changed much except for moer construction lol. Talked to Misery Flights....don't think they want me back, was too involved with the union! There are a couple places interested in me as a mechanic...hopefully something will pan out there.....had enough of the medical game.

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 am

Good luck Mike--I think you should get back into MFlites just to make the mgt. pucker up a little. The thought of UNION sure makes the capitalist/greedsters unhappy---Good job!

medicmike
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by medicmike » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:34 am

Well I got a job! Will be wrenching on RV's. Coming back on the 27th and starting work on the 3rd of April. See you guys soon! Might be able to make the Indian Mary meet!!

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 am

Mike--WELCOME :) HOME TO BANJOLAND--Joe

medicmike
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by medicmike » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:45 am

Thanks Joe! Will be good to be back.....something to be said for familiar surroundings. Going to miss the water though.....

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:26 am

Sure--them sinkin water crafts is mighty impressive. Better not launch a R V on (in) the Rogue, as it could remind you of the Pungent Sound.
Don`t you be workin tooooooooooooo hard when you get here- In Banjoland it could be against the law.

Mike Seymour
U.S.N. Vietnam Veteran
U.S.N. Vietnam Veteran

Post by Mike Seymour » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:04 pm

Joe, I thought the only work you guys did down there was walk out to the mail box on the first of the month :D
Mike Seymour
'43 MB 'Blondie'
'53 M38a1 'Dagwood'
SOMVCC
COG
MVPA #24294

Mac
USN - M37 - Rubiconer

Post by Mac » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Ain`t it great, now we have MedicMike added to the list of guys on this here Chat Room. Mike, Frank, Joe, and I, I think that makes 5, Gee we are growing !!---------------Mac
42 MB #374967
27 trips over the Rubicon

37 MM AT CANNON (It is now complete)SOLD
Gatling Gun is next (pre Jeep era)IN USE BY CAVALRY
SOMVCC

MVCC
MVPA #25442
USS TAWASA ATF 92
MUDHILL MAC

Americal'43
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Americal'43 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:37 pm

My Wife and I were all Gung Ho to move over to Grants Pass . We even spent our 10th wedding anniversary there because she had to test for AMR on that day . She is one of the best EMT's you could ever hope to have if your in a jam . No one ever contacted her ! She called them and left messages many times with no response . Four months later , nothing . We still love that area and would move in a heartbeat . Is this a common problem with employers around there or just the medical industry ? John
1942 Early MB Slat
1942 Chevrolet G7117
1941 Dodge modified command car
MVPA Member

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:50 am

Mike Seymour wrote:Joe, I thought the only work you guys did down there was walk out to the mail box on the first of the month :D
Mike, Now where did you ever get an idea like that--you musta been talkin to the FIREMAN!!! He has a new" WILL WORK FOR FOOD'' sign and is pullin in the cash left and right--The FIREMAN really knows how to live-Business is really good at the Merland/5 exit.
WE do have to go out to buy BEER ---once a day cause the ice box is out of ice and it is too warm outside. The beer has gotta be KOLD don`t you know. I won`t have to go out today since it is :) SNOWING!
You upriver fellers has got it made. We here in BANJOLAND would be in difficult times with out them welfare checks. I tried workin once but it was too hard. AND I`m too lazy to make one of those signs-besides you gotta hold it up.

HEY MAC-how bout a loan--NEED FUEL $ to go to TP? :D

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:54 am

John-we :D here in BANJOLAND would be proud to have you here. Life is good--Joe

Mac
USN - M37 - Rubiconer

Post by Mac » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Ain`t it great, now we have MedicMike added to the list of guys on this here Chat Room. Mike, Frank, Joe, and I, I think that makes 5, Gee we are growing !!---------------Mac

With John that make 6 in the CHAT ROOM.-------Ain`t that right JOE !!
--------------Mac
42 MB #374967
27 trips over the Rubicon

37 MM AT CANNON (It is now complete)SOLD
Gatling Gun is next (pre Jeep era)IN USE BY CAVALRY
SOMVCC

MVCC
MVPA #25442
USS TAWASA ATF 92
MUDHILL MAC

Return to “SOMVCC”