BIGGEST LITTLE PARADE

Southern Oregon Military Vehicle Collectors Club Forum.

Moderator: Bulldog58

Mac
USN - M37 - Rubiconer

BIGGEST LITTLE PARADE

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:28 pm

I just got home from the biggest little Parade in the most beautiful State of Oregon !! We traveled 1/2 mile in about 10 min. Vietnam Vets as honor gaurds followed by a 56 Chevy, 54 Mustang, A V8 Pickup, one fire truck, one kid on a rocking horse strapped to a dolly being pull by his Mom, one teenager juggling, 4 or 5 Gals on horses, 4 or 5 four wheelers. Had a great time visiting with the people in this little town, one Mom and Pop store, one Trail Ride outfit and one fire station, thats is all there is, so we met everyone in town. No spectators everyone was in the Parade. Pistol River has not had a Parade since 1982, so guys how about next year lets give this little town something to be proud of, like maybe we show up with a whole Convoy, what you think ??---------------The fire truck just had to blow his Siren and near stampeded a herd of horse and colts in a nearby pasture----------Mac
42 MB #374967
27 trips over the Rubicon

37 MM AT CANNON (It is now complete)SOLD
Gatling Gun is next (pre Jeep era)IN USE BY CAVALRY
SOMVCC

MVCC
MVPA #25442
USS TAWASA ATF 92
MUDHILL MAC

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:10 pm

Howdy Mac---Sounds like a good time was had by all. WAY TO GO. For reasons of clarification, I need to know is that considered "BANJOLAND?" Just wondered, but I do suspect it is? Joe

Mac
USN - M37 - Rubiconer

Post by Mac » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:19 pm

I don`t know Joe, Mike never told me what banjo land means, he`s my tutor you know !!

The Curry County Reporter took a lot of pictures of the Parade and after the Parade took alot of pictures of my 42 Jeep and my 37 MM Cannon, then posted the pictures and story of the event on there web site--------Would you believe not a one of the pictures of my Jeep and Cannon were on the site and not even mentioned in the write up. Now ain`t that something else ?? BOO HOO :cry: :cry:
42 MB #374967

SOMVCC

MVCC
MVPA #25442
USS TAWASA ATF 92
MUDHILL MAC

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:11 am

Mac-the reporter was probably an under cover :lol: ATF agent checking out your hardware. You did mention that it IS fully operational and that you have plenty of ammo for it , didn`t you?
I thought I was in bad :roll: shape with the FIREMAN as my mentor( I suppose I had better see how the Medford Cruise went for him).Mac , I do pity you in your mentorial situation. :D :D :D :D

Mac
USN - M37 - Rubiconer

Post by Mac » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:35 am

Joe, your message sound like I have heard It before, I could have sworn Mr Mike said that !!---------- :roll: :roll:
42 MB #374967

SOMVCC

MVCC
MVPA #25442
USS TAWASA ATF 92
MUDHILL MAC

goldhill joe
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )
U.S.N. Veteran ( MM/1 )

Post by goldhill joe » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:03 am

Mudhill--I should have known :lol: better than to try to operate on Mike`s plane. Have a great one--Joe

Return to “SOMVCC”