MILITARY DODGE SHOWCASE - April 2023 Camp Plymouth, California

Power Wagon truck forums, M37 etc.
zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

MILITARY DODGE SHOWCASE - April 2023 Camp Plymouth, California

Post by zepher11 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:58 am

Join us for the April 2023 Camp Plymouth MILITARY DODGE SHOWCASE. Please see the flyer below for information. Additional details regarding the April 2023 Camp Plymouth event may be found: http://www.mvccnews.net/

Last edited by zepher11 on Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zeph

'42 Script GPW Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

'41 Dodge WC16 Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: MILITARY DODGE SHOWCASE - April 2023 Camp Plymouth, California

Post by 70th Division » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:49 am

Hello,

Merry Christmas Zeph !!
That looks like a great event and I really like the picture :D .

That resembles your Motor Pool, and I am surprised at how big the VC Command Car actually is, pictured next to the already tall half ton CC !!

I just saved another Command Car, a 1942 WC-57 with winch :D .

It would be nice to attend that event with a Dodge someday.

I better get to work !

Best Regards,
Ray

zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by zepher11 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:44 am

70th Division wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:49 am
Hello,

Merry Christmas Zeph !!

That resembles your Motor Pool, and I am surprised at how big the VC Command Car actually is, pictured next to the already tall half ton CC !!

I better get to work !

Best Regards,
Ray
Merry Christmas Ray! Hope you had a lot of OD presents under the tree.

It should be a great event. It is pretty interesting how big the VC1 looks vs the other two Command Car models.

Nice that you rescued another CC. WC57's are a great looking rig.

I'm hoping that I can get the VC1 completed for this show. Speaking of getting to work! Only four months to go, and I'm way behind.... :shock:
Zeph

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:53 am

zepher11 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:44 am
70th Division wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:49 am
Hello,

Merry Christmas Zeph !!

I better get to work !

Best Regards,
Ray
Merry Christmas Ray! Hope you had a lot of OD presents under the tree.

It should be a great event. It is pretty interesting how big the VC1 looks vs the other two Command Car models.

Nice that you rescued another CC. WC57's are a great looking rig.

I'm hoping that I can get the VC1 completed for this show. Speaking of getting to work! Only four months to go, and I'm way behind.... :shock:

Hi Zeph,

I always look forward to your progress reports on your VC !!
As with all your great restorations!

It will be a huge Command Car based on the pictures, which is pretty amazing.

I am sure the event will be a great success, and if I had a Dodge ready, I might even try to make the show.
It would be a great road trip !!!

Keep us posted on your progress !!

With the WC-57 I also got a set of restored combat rims, with older original military tires that are about 90 percent.

So that will help the budget a lot !!

Those tires are not cheap !!

That half ton tires are much more affordable, or at least were, I
better check 😄.

Is that flyer available as a poster ?

Best Regards,
Ray

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:36 pm

Ray,

That is one of the coolest old truck photos!

I tried copying the image and pasting into Word. It looked good but when I checked the image that would print it didn't line up on the page. Maybe it will work for you. Probably Zeph will come back and say he will email you a PDF. It would be good for folks to email flyers like this to their contacts. Not everyone knows about these big Spring meets, even though they have been happening in this area since the late 1970s. This is the fifth venue for it. The upcoming one will also have a WW2 Jeep Showcase and a Military Motorcycle, Scooter, and Bicycle Showcase. Those flyers will appear on other forums here on the G including the MVCC forum.

Even if you can push your Dodge onto a trailer, bring it! Like the flyer says, restoration quality and completeness are not important to the promoter. Anything contributes to the discussion.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:41 pm

John Neuenburg wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:36 pm
Ray,

That is one of the coolest old truck photos!

I tried copying the image and pasting into Word. It looked good but when I checked the image that would print it didn't line up on the page. Maybe it will work for you. Probably Zeph will come back and say he will email you a PDF. It would be good for folks to email flyers like this to their contacts. Not everyone knows about these big Spring meets, even though they have been happening in this area since the late 1970s. This is the fifth venue for it. The upcoming one will also have a WW2 Jeep Showcase and a Military Motorcycle, Scooter, and Bicycle Showcase. Those flyers will appear on other forums here on the G including the MVCC forum.

Even if you can push your Dodge onto a trailer, bring it! Like the flyer says, restoration quality and completeness are not important to the promoter. Anything contributes to the discussion.

Hello John,

That is the spirit right there :D :D !!!
Trailer it in :D , but from Florida it would be a long slow trip !
But if it was restored, I think it would be a great cross country adventure to drive there and back !!
Even my WC-52 once done would be a great way to get there.

Zeph is emailing the pdf, as it is a great flyer .

The more people that get to know about the events the better, we must get more young people interested in our Heritage as well,
and they are, once they get experience with the shows and vehicles hopefully they will get their own vehicles to start the adventures !

That picture is great, and very surprising to see the size differences between the Command Cars ,
with the earliest version being the biggest one ever !!

Zeph can soon recreate that picture with his own great motor pool :D .
That will be fun to see when he has all 3 side by side !

I have 3 good CC projects, a half ton, a WC-56, and now a WC-57.

They are going to be great projects as I have been collecting many hard to locate parts, and I am still looking for original rear seat spring cushions, and now, well will search for another set of front and rear cushions for the WC-57 too :D

I have found one set of original front and rear cushions for the half ton CC, and a set of front cushions for the WC-56, and original front and rear seat frames for the WC-56.

So back to the hunt for the WC-57 :D :D

Best Regards,
Ray

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:19 am

Ray, yes that would be a heroic drive! The longest ones I remember travelling to our Spring meets were when a guy who went by the handle Carnac drove a CUCV Blazer from Texas to our meet when it was at Tower Park west of Lodi. Did it a couple times. And Roberto Mossier from British Columbia has driven his WW2 Ambulance and 3/4 ton weapons carrier a few times. Hardcore guys.

Some guys drove from Alaska to one of the MVPA conventions we hosted. That would certainly burn the water vapor out of the crankcase!

Zeph and a handful of other Dodge fans call themselves the Dodge Boys and hang out together at our Spring and Fall swap meets. They can be a good resource for parts for you. There are a lot of WW2 trucks in the West. People from the east who come out here are surprised. It's because there is less of a rust problem here, plus a lot of vehicles were at depots in CA getting ready for shipment towards the invasion of Japan. The war ended early and here they were, ready for farmers and ranchers to buy them. And many G.I.s who passed through CA came back to settle here and many bought the cheap GPWs and MBs.
MVPA 7404
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:35 pm

John Neuenburg wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:19 am
Ray, yes that would be a heroic drive! The longest ones I remember travelling to our Spring meets were when a guy who went by the handle Carnac drove a CUCV Blazer from Texas to our meet when it was at Tower Park west of Lodi. Did it a couple times. And Roberto Mossier from British Columbia has driven his WW2 Ambulance and 3/4 ton weapons carrier a few times. Hardcore guys.

Some guys drove from Alaska to one of the MVPA conventions we hosted. That would certainly burn the water vapor out of the crankcase!

Zeph and a handful of other Dodge fans call themselves the Dodge Boys and hang out together at our Spring and Fall swap meets. They can be a good resource for parts for you. There are a lot of WW2 trucks in the West. People from the east who come out here are surprised. It's because there is less of a rust problem here, plus a lot of vehicles were at depots in CA getting ready for shipment towards the invasion of Japan. The war ended early and here they were, ready for farmers and ranchers to buy them. And many G.I.s who passed through CA came back to settle here and many bought the cheap GPWs and MBs.
Hello John,
Those are real heroes making the long range drives in the MV's to the rally !!
When I get one completed, I will seriously think about making a cross country road trip, as I have always thought that would be a great way to see America, via the back roads :D !

I hope you , Zeph, and the Dodge Boys set an attendance record, now the virus is gone , and things have gotten back to normal again.

Several of my vehicles were Western returns, and it way better shape than what is usually found here.

Keep up your Good Works !

Best Regards,
Ray

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:17 pm

Ray, sounds like you are a candidate to go on one of the MVPA sponsored long distance convoys. Are you a MVPA member or otherwise read their History in Motion magazine? They publish articles about these drives. If you don't know any of the usual organizers, I do and can refer you to chat with them.
MVPA 7404
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

mdainsd
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mdainsd » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:48 am

Which day is the Dodge Showcase? Im struggling to be able to bring my Dodge. The new (to me) tow vehicle has turned out to be infected with gremlins. One problem after another.
52 M38 2X, '52 M37, '44 WC51, '42 WC 56/57, '50 CJ-V35(U), '42 GPW, '44 M3A1 Scout Car, 2010 M-Gator

zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by zepher11 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:57 pm

mdainsd wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:48 am
Which day is the Dodge Showcase? Im struggling to be able to bring my Dodge. The new (to me) tow vehicle has turned out to be infected with gremlins. One problem after another.
Hi Mark,

The Military Dodge Showcase is on Friday. Well, that's a bummer you're having issues with your tow vehicle. Hopefully, you can get it sorted out and make it. Would love to see the Command Car there in April.
Zeph

mdainsd
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mdainsd » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:23 am

Yeah, I am still hoping it works out. If I get the truck sorted in time, I may have to see if I can rent a suitable trailer. I dont want to spend on a trailer until I am convinced I have a reliable tow vehicle.
52 M38 2X, '52 M37, '44 WC51, '42 WC 56/57, '50 CJ-V35(U), '42 GPW, '44 M3A1 Scout Car, 2010 M-Gator

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:47 am

mdainsd wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:23 am
Yeah, I am still hoping it works out. If I get the truck sorted in time, I may have to see if I can rent a suitable trailer. I dont want to spend on a trailer until I am convinced I have a reliable tow vehicle.
If I might butt in, Military Dodges are scheduled for Friday 9-noon. WW2 jeeps 1-4. Both at Amador County Fairgrounds in the practice rodeo arena between the tent village and visitor parking lot/trailer storage lot. Military Motorcycles, Scooters, Bicycles will be 10-2 in the adjacent 49er Village RV Resort. Times overlap so people can visit all three displays. Our event is two sided with MVs and swap meet in both.

I think I can speak for Zeph by saying MVs in any condition are welcome. These are discussion groups with experts and newbies as much as they are displays. Quite a few WCs come to these Spring meets. Visitors from the eastern US are usually surprised we have so many WW2 vehicles in the West.

Tell your friends who have M37s, M43s, M880s. All military dodges invited to that display.

Probably we'll have some experts to help you sort your tow vehicle, assuming you make it!

All event details are now up on www.MVCCNews.net on the Events tab. Includes an activities schedule plus info on the ways to stay, such as renting a RV site at the 49er and having a travel trailer delivered and picked up. We get a discount from a Sacramento vendor. This will be my third time doing that.
MVPA 7404
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

mdainsd
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mdainsd » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:03 am

Things are looking up, Fixed the gremlins in the tow truck (I think). Found an intermittently shorting out sensor wire that triggers a fatal condition, idle only. What a load of crap new(er) vehicles are. It was in a wiring harness that carries battery, alternator and some sensor wires. The heavy rains caused some force deep water crossings and that may be what turned up the fault in that harness. Harness from ford $875 dollars, installation quotes at 2700 dollars "have to pull the engine to change that harness". Uh, no? I work in a n aerospace cabling/connector company. Made a new harness with mil-spec materials that services all the sensors. Disconnected the originals and clipped them off the harness. Installed the new one and secured it next to the original. All is good, so far. Fingers are crossed.

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:14 am

mdainsd wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:03 am
Things are looking up, Fixed the gremlins in the tow truck (I think). Found an intermittently shorting out sensor wire that triggers a fatal condition, idle only. What a load of crap new(er) vehicles are. It was in a wiring harness that carries battery, alternator and some sensor wires. The heavy rains caused some force deep water crossings and that may be what turned up the fault in that harness. Harness from ford $875 dollars, installation quotes at 2700 dollars "have to pull the engine to change that harness". Uh, no? I work in a n aerospace cabling/connector company. Made a new harness with mil-spec materials that services all the sensors. Disconnected the originals and clipped them off the harness. Installed the new one and secured it next to the original. All is good, so far. Fingers are crossed.
Another option would be to tow your Ford with your Dodge!
MVPA 7404
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

Return to “Power Wagon Forums”