The Slow Saga of the WC 55

Power Wagon truck forums, M37 etc.
Dave A.
Lt Col, USAF
The Slow Saga of the WC 55

Post by Dave A. » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 am

Well, we started about three years ago on restoring a WC 55. Oh, how time keeps on ticking!

We have almost all of the traditional WC 52 parts, totally restored the WC 55 frame, and have all the measurements for the metal components of the 37mm gun, including the floor base plate, the pedestal that holds the gun and the large gun shield.

Today, am going to a friend and metal fabricator to find out how much the floor pedestal base plate and the six gussets (that attach to the pedestal) will cost to produce. I know metal has significantly gone up so not looking for the price. Later on, we will also be producing the shield.

As we know, to bring the price down, the more they make the cheaper it is for each fabricated component.

Here's a long shot: besides our crazy project, is there anyone else who needs the base plate or the pedestal gussets for their WC 55 project?

Dave A.

Kendall
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: The Slow Saga of the WC 55

Post by Kendall » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Hi Dave,
I am still in the process of completing the transformation of my WC55 (and I have been at it a lot longer than the three years you have). Depending on price I might be interested in those parts. Keep me posted.
Thanks,
Kendall

RocnTJ
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by RocnTJ » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:45 pm

I am also restoring an original WC 55 have not decided which route I am going to take with it. I am not quite to three years yet but will probably be there by the time I am done. Would love to restore it as a gun truck but as you know finding original or reproduction 37 mm gun parts is challenging at best. I would definitely be interested in a group buy.

Tom

Dave A.
Lt Col, USAF

Post by Dave A. » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:57 am

Okay, looks like two guys are interested so, sent each a PM.

Dave A.

Return to “Power Wagon Forums”