Help in Phoenix AZ

Driving one way empty? Need something moved? Coordinating the movement of rolling stock & parts among gee members.
W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Help in Phoenix AZ

Post by W. Winget » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Looking for someone that wants to help out and get reimbursed for assistance in Phoenix area.
WWI Collector George Paulsen with a 1918 Liberty Truck has a spare 1918 Engine I need to get to the East Coast. COVID shut down Fastenal and it never seems to end...
Engine is crated, I think sitting in his garage area of his house trailer in North East Phoenix on a pallet jack, but he's elderly and not answering the phone right now. If I can make contact, I will try to arrange U-Ship for Less than a Truck, but may need help to move the crate from his garage to the road for the truck, (maybe i can google two men and a truck) or if you want, haul it to the open Fastenal just South of Phoenix yourself and I can cover that cost plus.
Just having a hard time dealing with this one, his "helper" bailed on him and it wasn't pretty.
PM me if you can offer a hand or an idea.
V/R W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

17thAirborne
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Help in Phoenix AZ

Post by 17thAirborne » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:20 am

Wish I was closer to help. Restoring a century old MB is an honorable endeavor. Please keep up posted on the progress.
Oz

Feb 43 GPW 98532 USA 20206257
Oct 70 Land Rover Series 2a 25334079G NZ16GF36
http://gpw.castraponere.com/ (My Restoration Page)

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:14 am

Still looking for someone to Contact George Paulsen in Phoenix (won't answer the phone, no internet).
I will send snail mail tomorrow.
If you can help, please let me know.
V/R W Winget

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:21 am

Ok, so an Update:
Sent a Certified Letter via USPS (US Post Office) back in October, it went out the 6th of Oct, arrived in Phoenix the 9th, sat over the Columbus Holiday, lost it the 14th...never arrived...out $5...glad it wasn't my VOTE or a large check....

Sent a UPS (Brown Truck) Box with a just letter inside stating "Call Me George" phone number etc. on the letter (same one that went in the USPS letter)
- Box $43.65 an EMPTY box left out the 29th, arrived the 4th, I made it a SIGNATURE REQUIRED, and large enough it could not be stuffed in a door...
Box of Air was signed for on the 4th....no calls regarding the letter inside.

Called his house repeatedly (for three-four months now) The "Signature" for the box indicates he is alive and not a victim of the times or visiting elsewhere.

Now I have a G member standing by to come get the engine, but he's new to the Phoenix area, and I would ask if someone that actually KNEW George Paulsen go by his place or call him (maybe he just doesn't like/trust my number or messages anymore?) to see if he understands the purchaser of his engine in New Zealand (that has paid $2000 already) is standing by to get it and provide him with the remaining $1500 if he just joins the conversation....I will have Chuck (Phoenix POC) go get it and then arrange shipping.

George apparently had a falling out with someone helping him, but according to UPS yesterday,...he can still sign for things.

Any assistance in Phoenix would be highly appreciated. (Fellow MVPA members ???)
V/R W. Winget
MVPA 7119

Craig Johnson
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Craig Johnson » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:54 pm

I live in Goodyear Az. Right next door to Phoenix. I have the next two months off Leave of absence. I can help.

Email handcartz@gmail.com

Craig
Craig..The newcomer Johnson

MVPA 3642
My website
http://www.handcartz.com
Own a bunch of hand carts
http://handcartz.smugmug.com/gallery/509020/

Always buying anything for the U.S. Army Hand Cart. Parts, manuals, accessories. Even the smallest screw.

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 pm

Email sent, Thank You very much!
W Winget

Sierra Padre
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Sierra Padre » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Did this get sorted out? I’m in the Phoenix area also...

Doug
Adversity is not an adequate deterrent.
1941 White M2A1

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:12 pm

Doug:
A great gentleman Chuck A. connected with me via the G, and helped to resolve the entire situation.
I was able to contact George, send money, have Chuck pick it up and prep/ship it to me via ABF freight successfully.
George had been scammed by someone and was not answering his phone or my mail for almost a year.
Glad it was resolved, and thank you for offering to look into it.
V/R W Winget

Return to “Transportation”