Ferret driving me batty!

Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture
raeross
G-Civilian
Re: Ferret driving me batty!

Post by raeross » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi Argus, I gust got connected to this site. I am also restoring an Ex Canadian Mk 1 Ferret. I expect you know about Colin Stevens' book and website and the information he has collected on the Ex Canadian Ferrets. My Ferret was disposed of from Valcartier, in Quebec, I have reached out to the 12 RBC Museum to see if they have any information on my vehicle, as it may have been associated with 12 RBC, or some of the units in the area. You could also try there, the email address they provided was: info@12rbc.ca.

It looks as though you may be further along in your restoration as I have just started stripping the interior.
Robin Ross
Westchester, IL, USA

1954 Daimler Ferret Mk1 - 54-82565

1954ArgusFerret
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by 1954ArgusFerret » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi RaeRoss,
I sent an email to you. I started to take this Ferret apart, but put it back together after starting the engine. It ran great, but I never tried the transmission. I picked up another Ferret which I started a resto on and put this one on the back burner. In actuality, I should have just started the resto on the Argus Ferret, but I found another that seemed as though it would have been an easier resto, but I definitely have my doubts now. I did however start collecting parts and I believe I nearly have enough for both. I did contact 12RBC, but all they offered was to give me the info for the Ontario Regimental Museum. Colin has been a wonderful source of information for all Ferret owners. His book was the first thing I purchased after the Ferret. Please keep in touch and don’t hesitate to ask questions. Everyone has been so nice and extremely willing to assist. Paul

Buggy Man
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Buggy Man » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:13 am

artificer wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 am
Like all these armoured vehicles keep all tools attached to your wrist/arm with a flexible coupling.
Removing an engine [power pack] was often a gold mine of wrenches etc. @ the bottom of the hull.
I found an ink Pen under mine............ :)

Matt

teletech
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by teletech » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:16 am

Link, mostly I've been finding lots and lots of links lurking in areas under the transmission and in every other nook and cranny as I clean up my ferret.
Nothing from the OP in a while, hopefully he's making good ground on his pair.

Return to “Other MV's, Non U.S. Manufacture”